`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrapper redemption 2014

Wrapper redemption 2014
Any word if there is a wrapper redemption for 2014 Topps series 1 this year?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Wrapper redemption 2014
I asked that same question about a month ago. And got no response. Good Luck with yours.

Someone tweeted Topps and they confirmed, no wrapper redemption for 2014 Topps Series 1
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I guess everyone complaining about getting shut out by the bulk buyers caused Topps to rethink the process. Also, it must have been a nightmare for them, plus shipping was sloppy. Some folks got more then they should have, others were given less they they should have gotten.

I actually like how they have segregated the inserts and paralles between Jumbo, Hobby and retail. At least I know that I have chances of pulling different cards from different venues.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-01-2014, 08:51 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I guess everyone complaining about getting shut out by the bulk buyers caused Topps to rethink the process. Also, it must have been a nightmare for them, plus shipping was sloppy. Some folks got more then they should have, others were given less they they should have gotten.

I actually like how they have segregated the inserts and paralles between Jumbo, Hobby and retail. At least I know that I have chances of pulling different cards from different venues.
Putting a cap of redemptions per mailing address would seem easy enough, but again, it's topps were talking about.

Agreed on the retail/hobby. I think they should do this more often... Last year's archives retail had some cool retail-only inserts in it that made me purchase a good number of blasters.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Being the mysterious Trout walmart promo card is yet to pop up anywhere I'm keeping all my wrappers and receipts from walmart just in case.

Either it's extremely low printed or there is going to be some type of mail in program.

(02-02-2014, 04:02 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Being the mysterious Trout walmart promo card is yet to pop up anywhere I'm keeping all my wrappers and receipts from walmart just in case.

Either it's extremely low printed or there is going to be some type of mail in program.
Good point. I trashed my WM wrappers, but have my Jumbo's JIC.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-02-2014, 06:10 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Good point. I trashed my WM wrappers, but have my Jumbo's JIC.
We should just send in all our wrappers ... Just to piss them off Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yep, I took the time, trouble, money and effort to mail them 240 wrappers of Bowman Chrome last year ... bundled neatly into 24 stacks of 10 wrappers, with a nice typed letter asking them politely for the 10 blue wave packs.

Even sent it certified mail!

And ... still waiting on those blue wave packs.

(02-03-2014, 07:23 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, I took the time, trouble, money and effort to mail them 240 wrappers of Bowman Chrome last year ... bundled neatly into 24 stacks of 10 wrappers, with a nice typed letter asking them politely for the 10 blue wave packs.

Even sent it certified mail!

And ... still waiting on those blue wave packs.
Don't hold your breath too long.

I'm more curious how they expect to clean up the Spring Fever pack fiasco. I'm going to be mad if it turns out to be something like "Buy a box 2013 Topps (Insert Vintage-Themed Product Here) and get a Spring Fever pack!" They pretty much have no way of compensating collectors who bought hobby boxes with the promise of Spring Fever cards, only to find there weren't any.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]