Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay listings question (RC-related)

ebay listings question (RC-related)
Hi everyone,

What do you all think of sellers who list their cards on ebay as "RC", when Beckett (or the manufacturer) does not recognize them as true rookie cards?

I personally would like to report every single listing when I see that term in the title or description because I feel that many buyers could be duped into buying what they believe is a rookie card when in fact it is just a base or insert card.

There is no way to report these listings from a mobile device, so I'd have to log in on a PC/laptop to do it.

I just wish sellers who know their stuff would be more honest in their listings.

Cheers,

Dana

RE: ebay listings question (RC-related)
As a buyer I think you would do a bit of research on a card before buying it. The Beckett data base is great. Do a quick search for all a players true rookies. If the card is not on the list when you search for TRUE ROOKIES, then don't buy it. People on EBAY can list cards how ever they want. There is NO difference when a card that is 1/XXX of 87/100 (Cropsby) and the list is as an ebay 1 of 1. This topic is so over done. We as collectors should know what we are buying when we are looking. Just me 2 cents.
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

Trust me. I ALWAYS check Beckett first. I suppose you're right about collectors doing their research first.

I just feel that sellers are somehow misleading potential buyers.

Sorry for bringing the topic up again, it just frustrates me to see the "incorrect" listings all the time.

Trust me, I hear ya. I do not buy from ebay but I do use it as a reference for when I am trying to sell a card. Sometimes it is hard to find complete sales due to the way people list their cards. Saying that, if you have the time, you can find some pretty sick deals do to cards being listed wrong. AKA, players names listed wrong is a great example.
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

To be honest, eBay doesn't care... hell you can't even leave negative feedback anymore.
[Image: temp_zps476251d0.png]
05-06 UD Ice Rookies: 137/168

Blame Beckett they think the are the authority on what is or what is not a rookie card who gave them the power to decide.Becket opened the door by saying limited # to 100 some redemption cards however not all would be considered a rookie and what about Young guns they are short printed cards. They also have a XRC. A rookie card should only be a regular card released in a base set. Beckett is just a magazine that lists what cards are selling for and maybe the should get rid of designating the RC as they are not the authority on deciding what a rookie card is.

I will list cards like the Young Gun canvas cards as RC just because if that is in the title they get more views. I don't see anything wrong with this but maybe I am wrong.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I hate when i search a specific rookie and get dozens of reprints, pictures, magnets and such. You can't tell what it is until you waste the time to open the page because the title indicates it's what i'm looking for.

To the previous comment from Snobles, I don't think Canvas cards should be listed as "rc's" because it's an insert set, but so is MVP these days and they count as RC so maybe Canvas' should be actual Rc cards to.
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.