`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What would you do? - Contenders (now with pic)

What would you do? - Contenders (now with pic)
So, I was in a break for Contenders for the Packers, and got a variation Eddie Lacy Playoff Ticket auto.... but the weird thing is, it's not signed! I don't have it yet, but when I do, I'll be posting it, but what are the options for it? Would it be better to contact Panini and see if they can get it signed, or would it be worthwhile to keep it unsigned? Cool thing is, I also got the regular base auto, so I got one for him already, but I wonder if it would it get some really good money for it if I sold it? What do you guys think?

RE: What would you do? - Contenders
I'd wait and and see if he wins an award on Saturday...and then sell it online. Panini may never get back to you lol. And you could probably make a really good deal off it...Just a thought

Yeah, that's one of the possibilities. I would think he'd get ROY. Thought about getting it graded and then trying to sell, which could probably even give me enough money to get an actual auto'd version and then more money on top of it. I can't wait to get it though lol

(01-27-2014, 11:50 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Yeah, that's one of the possibilities. I would think he'd get ROY. Thought about getting it graded and then trying to sell, which could probably even give me enough money to get an actual auto'd version and then more money on top of it. I can't wait to get it though lol
I bet! I just got my first Lacy card today! I've been trying for awhile, but never pulled one, and prices were a bit steep, but I pulled an Absolute Jersey patch out of a single pack I bought...no auto, but still made me happy lol. Good luck with yours!

here is the pic:

Definitely doesn't have the auto!

So, throwing this out there to player collectors: If you were able to buy a Contenders card like this for a guy that is a big name like Lacy, and it doesn't have the autograph, would you feel that it makes the card more collectable or less? I'm still leaning towards trying to sell it, but only if it's worthwhile doing so. I mean, if I'm only going to get 50 bucks for it, I would just contact panini and have them replace it (or see if they can get it signed) since this is a 200 dollar BV card minimum. Figured there would be enough people on here that could give me a range of opinions so that I make the best possible decision.

I have to say, though, this was the BEST break I've ever been on! Got these other two from the first half of the case:

(base Lacy auto)

(Franklin variation)

And, in the second half of the case, which was random teams, got a Keenan Allen base auto, 2 Playoff ticket Eddie Royal variations, and a Cracked Ice Philip Rivers variation! Really cleaned up!

RE: What would you do? - Contenders (now with pic)
Personally if it were me i wouldn't pay more for a card without the auto, i probably wouldn't be interested in it at all. But that's just me

(01-28-2014, 09:59 AM)chiefsncards275 Wrote: Personally if it were me i wouldn't pay more for a card without the auto, i probably wouldn't be interested in it at all. But that's just me
+1

I wouldn't either, but you could always decide what you want for it, put it out there, and if you get it, great. If not, ask for a replacement. I've seen some amazing things sell for tons of money that leave me scratching my head. I'd bet someone out there would pay for it.

Personally, I would prefer it to be autographed. I think the unfortunate thing is that the season is over so prices are already starting to cool on all these guys. You might want to try listing it for a crazy BIN/BO and see if you get any response. You only need one person to decide they have to have it. If you don't then contact Panini to get a replacement.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Get it autoed