Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Met my hero this weekend, The Captain

RE: Met my hero this weekend, The Captain
Very cool man glad you got to meet him!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

This is awesome, thanks for sharing. I'm a Braves fan and I got to meet John Smoltz back in 2012 as I was boarding my plane and he was a really nice guy as well. It's world class people like Jeter and Smoltz that truely make baseball Americas favorite pastime.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

(01-27-2014, 12:37 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Even with my grudge against the Yankees, its hard to not like and respect Jeter as a ballplayer. Good to know he's cool to the fans too.

If I ever met him I know I'd eventually say something annoying like "You know Giambi would have been safe if he had just slid into home" or "How many rings do you think you would have if there were a salary cap?"...
I guess those would be the questions to ask to insure you DON'T get an auto or photo ! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Man thats GREAT. I happy that you got such a good pic and time to talk to him. I would love to get my pic with him! Your the second person I know that meet the Captain at StarBucks. Yes I'm envious!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Even as a Red Sox fan I have to say that is very cool. Congrats on an awesome experience and a great photo to prove it.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I was in line for pizza one time and Dick Butkus was in front of me. It seem crazy when that happen kind normal. Congrats on meeting Jeter.
Big Grin 
Meeting Captain Jeter & get to chat with him Priceless. Clean player in the Steroids ERA that earned his HOF with hard work & determination.
[Image: farewelltothecathedralqs1.jpg]

Congrats on an awesome experience, getting to meet your hero. Sure beats a sticker auto! Thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Nice clean pair of Jordan III's
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

I hope you did not step on the foot!!! Congrats man.. When I met Thurman Munson when I was 8, I had no idea how much that would mean later in life. No Iphones back then, it was a high five and a good luck in T-Ball. Cherish the moment....
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...