`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Sterling, worth a box??

2013 Sterling, worth a box??
Prices have greatly come down on these lately and I keep thinking of buying a box but I've gotten so burned on other high end topps products.

Is Sterling worth the money? I've been in some online case breaks and done well and watched others that have been great.

The breaks I watched seemed to be loaded with good color autos and low numbered refractors.

Worth rolling the dice at $215 ?

RE: 2013 Sterling, worth a box??
NO.....better off buying the singles

(01-25-2014, 11:14 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: NO.....better off buying the singles
Yeah that was my strategy before, I guess watching all these case breaks and how great they were just gave me the itch.....I'd likely be better off buying $200 bucks worth of spots in a random case break to get a big hit

After seeing a bunch of other single-box breaks, I've only seen a handful of truly disgusting boxes. As with most products your probably better off buying singles, but that's no fun!

FWIW I got mine for $240 first week of release. had a slightly above average break and definitely didn't get close to my $$$ back.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(01-25-2014, 11:21 AM)petillo64 Wrote: After seeing a bunch of other single-box breaks, I've only seen a handful of truly disgusting boxes. As with most products your probably better off buying singles, but that's no fun!

FWIW I got mine for $240 first week of release. had a slightly above average break and definitely didn't get close to my $$$ back.
yeah thats why i started doing some online case breaks over the past month, though its far too easy to buy a bunch of breaks and not realize how much you spent.....it gives you the thrill of breaking a box but the payout of a case (if you hit the right team)

But man i keep getting that itch

(01-25-2014, 11:29 AM)rentzington Wrote: yeah thats why i started doing some online case breaks over the past month, though its far too easy to buy a bunch of breaks and not realize how much you spent.....it gives you the thrill of breaking a box but the payout of a case (if you hit the right team)

But man i keep getting that itch
I know. I keep waiting to see a baseball card collector on the show Intervention haha. My uncle opened a card store when I was 10 and almost drove himself to the poorhouse by cracking open his own wax. He was getting high on his own supply lol

I've been meaning to try an online break but those seem like even more of a gamble!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

If you're itching to break a great value, Leaf Trinity is absolutely killing it. They offer a good shot at some elite prospects on absolutely gorgeous cards, and the print run is a fraction of Sterling's.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(01-25-2014, 12:31 PM)cross4444 Wrote: If you're itching to break a great value, Leaf Trinity is absolutely killing it. They offer a good shot at some elite prospects on absolutely gorgeous cards, and the print run is a fraction of Sterling's.
Those are some awesome cards! Good call. I'll be picking up a few of those inscription cards for sure.

Check out Taveras signature on the patch cards though haha.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OSCAR-TAVERAS-20...5660b44d25

(01-25-2014, 01:12 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Those are some awesome cards! Good call. I'll be picking up a few of those inscription cards for sure.

LMAO, what is that?

[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(01-25-2014, 01:12 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Those are some awesome cards! Good call. I'll be picking up a few of those inscription cards for sure.

Haha man that's so awesome it's like a 4 yr old signed that