`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanaka to the Yanks

RE: Tanaka to the Yanks
(01-22-2014, 12:17 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: they dont have to PAY him. however, it still counts towards the cap. just as the brewers still had to have brauns contract count towards their cap during his suspension

Everything I've read says the contrary that it doesn't count towards the luxury cap. Doesn't matter either way as the yankees aren't strapped for cash

Yankees only have to pay A-Rod roughly 6Mil and that is all that counts towards the lux tax. they also get to replace his spot on the 40 man. the deal in total is 175 for 7 years which was what they offered Cano. I don't think A-rod suspension had anything to do with this signing. it was going to be offered either way.

I am happy as a Yankees fan because they needed more pitching. I am also happy as a Phillies fan because they didn't sign him so they had the money to sign Bobby Abreu yesterday
[Image: Al-Bundy-1.gif]

I remember i said Tanaka would be a yankee the day robinson cano signed with seattle. They really needed pitching
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Awesome / smart pick-up for the Yanks. Everyone needs to understand that thier home attendence is down 500,000 paying customers since 2009. At $40 per head (very low end) thats $20 million per year. Picking him up + other new players means back in the race and excitement all year. If they can pick those fans back up.....Yanks win all around!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Whether you are a Yankees fan or not, it is always good for baseball when they are winning/contending.
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

(01-23-2014, 08:47 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome / smart pick-up for the Yanks. Everyone needs to understand that thier home attendence is down 500,000 paying customers since 2009. At $40 per head (very low end) thats $20 million per year. Picking him up + other new players means back in the race and excitement all year. If they can pick those fans back up.....Yanks win all around!
+1 itll get he people i the stadium for sure
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s