`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marcus Lattimore opinion

Marcus Lattimore opinion
What do you think about the future of Marcus Lattimore? Have picked up a few nice cards of his and always thought he was the man at South Carolina. Do you think he can become the future back for the 49ers?
Photobucket

RE: Marcus Lattimore opinion
I think it would be safest for you to just trade me all of your Lattimores, I'll be happy to take on the risk Smile

That being said. With Gore hitting his 30's and as we've seen with so many RBs (CJ2K, MJD, Michael Turner) once the decline starts its fast. I think at this point the Niners are setting up a committee with Kendall Hunter, Lattimore, and LaMichael James. Whoever comes out on top will be the feature back once Gore is gone.

I'm biased, but Lattimore's bruiser back mentality is basically an exact replica of what Gore has given the 49ers. There's no reason at this point to think that his recovery will be anything less than that of AP's, Thomas Davis, etc. Not to mention his injuries were both freak accidents, and not from just simple cuts or from lingering hammy issues, which are chronic.

Either way, let me know if you want to unload your Latti's, and I'd love to see them either way if you have a photobucket!

(01-18-2014, 07:42 AM)sparty78 Wrote: What do you think about the future of Marcus Lattimore? Have picked up a few nice cards of his and always thought he was the man at South Carolina. Do you think he can become the future back for the 49ers?
I think you are taking the right approach. His cards are low priced right now. If you are going to invest in him, you want to get a few of his high end cards. To reduce the risk, I wouldn't pick up too many of his cards.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

He's not someone I would collect. Kind of a high risk/high reward player. I usually only choose a few players in each draft class to pursue multiple autos of. Everyone else I try to at least collect one nice card, and rookies of course. Lattimore is someone I have an auto of but I'm not chasing any others of him.
[Image: 4G8l9zG_zps62c9d6b9.jpg]

(01-18-2014, 04:15 PM)spazzyvol Wrote: He's not someone I would collect. Kind of a high risk/high reward player. I usually only choose a few players in each draft class to pursue multiple autos of. Everyone else I try to at least collect one nice card, and rookies of course. Lattimore is someone I have an auto of but I'm not chasing any others of him.
I haven't found anybody in this rookie class that excites me much , just made some sets and working on insert sets I like the looks of. Liked last years class so much better.
Photobucket

I grabbed a few of his cards. Prolly will pick up a few more. Strong back for sure. Right now its a guessing game. I always pick up cards of players that did well in college that I liked, especially when they go fairly cheap. If they do go strong in the nfl thats awesome, if not, I have some cards of some good/great college players. I live in S.C. and enjoyed his college play very much. That alone is worth the memory.
~cheerz~
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

I think he will be a solid player for the 49ers. With Gore aging I believe Hunter/James and Lattimore will be the future of the 49ers.

Man, I HOPE Marcus is as good as advertised ... I cannot WAIT to see what the 49ers could do once they finally get rid of Frank Gore.

It's basically blasphemy out here in the Bay Area to even hint at whispering about Frank ever being close to the reason the 49ers would lose.

When he plays like crap — which is often — he ALWAYS gets a free pass, as in, nobody mentions him in the postgame show or the follow-up stories or whatever.

Perfect example. Yesterday — 11 carries, 14 yards.

Yet, who gets the blame ALL DAY on Bay Area radio?

Kaepernick and the offensive line.

Now, other than the 40-yard run, was Lynch REALLY that effective yesterday for Seattle?

No.

But why did the Seahawks keep going to him?

Because they knew he'd break one eventually!

Why did the 49ers quit going to Frank?

Because they knew he wouldn't!

Good lord, the guy is the quintessential "if you give anybody 300 carries in the NFL they will get 1,000 yards" type of player.

I've never seen ANY running back EVER get caught from behind as much as he does, and in general more credit for doing less.

I mean, yeah, he's had good games stat-wise, but it's almost always in the context of them blowing somebody out (i.e., basically everyone having a great day.)

I can't honestly ever remember a game where it was extremely low-scoring and they just grinded Frank out to 30-35 carries, and he was the true reason they won.

(Opposite of this — Adrian Peterson. The Vikings win when he has a great game. VERY rarely do they win when he doesn't.)

But shhhhhhhhh, that's not a popular opinion out here! Frank is a legend!

Whatever, yesterday's title game sealed it for me.

Let Frank go, retire his number, and let's see what an actual playmaker can do in that spot.

(01-20-2014, 09:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Man, I HOPE Marcus is as good as advertised ... I cannot WAIT to see what the 49ers could do once they finally get rid of Frank Gore.

It's basically blasphemy out here in the Bay Area to even hint at whispering about Frank ever being close to the reason the 49ers would lose.

When he plays like crap — which is often — he ALWAYS gets a free pass, as in, nobody mentions him in the postgame show or the follow-up stories or whatever.

Perfect example. Yesterday — 11 carries, 14 yards.

Yet, who gets the blame ALL DAY on Bay Area radio?

Kaepernick and the offensive line.

Now, other than the 40-yard run, was Lynch REALLY that effective yesterday for Seattle?

No.

But why did the Seahawks keep going to him?

Because they knew he'd break one eventually!

Why did the 49ers quit going to Frank?

Because they knew he wouldn't!

Good lord, the guy is the quintessential "if you give anybody 300 carries in the NFL they will get 1,000 yards" type of player.

I've never seen ANY running back EVER get caught from behind as much as he does, and in general more credit for doing less.

I mean, yeah, he's had good games stat-wise, but it's almost always in the context of them blowing somebody out (i.e., basically everyone having a great day.)

I can't honestly ever remember a game where it was extremely low-scoring and they just grinded Frank out to 30-35 carries, and he was the true reason they won.

(Opposite of this — Adrian Peterson. The Vikings win when he has a great game. VERY rarely do they win when he doesn't.)

But shhhhhhhhh, that's not a popular opinion out here! Frank is a legend!

Whatever, yesterday's title game sealed it for me.

Let Frank go, retire his number, and let's see what an actual playmaker can do in that spot.
Wow , what an answer.. Sounds like the things I would say about the Lions ownwership! Main reason most free agents don't come to Detroit and why Barry retired. But nobody in Detroit says anything bad about the Fords.
Photobucket

Funny thing is, I'm a HUGE Lions fan ... my family is from Jackson!

Actually, Barry is my all-time favorite athlete ... hence why it drives me nuts when people are talking about the 49ers today and say things like "the line just didn't open any holes for Frank to run through ..."

Yeah, you know what ... if you're a good enough RB, sometimes you can make your own freaking holes to run through!

Point being, I know what a superstar RB can do ... and Frank sure as hell isn't a superstar.

That Lattimore kid, on the other hand ... I'm VERY excited to see what he can do.