`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Upper Deck Kansas Hobby & Retail Box Breaks

2013 Upper Deck Kansas Hobby & Retail Box Breaks
I have been wanting to pick up some of this product since it came out, but have been unable to until recently. I broke 3 Hobby boxes and 1 Retail Blaster...and I was stoked with how I did! I realize this product has a select target audience, but I attended KU several years ago and have always been a die-hard Jayhawk fan...so I am very much amongst the target audience!

The hobby boxes offer 1 Auto ("On Average") and 2 Icons inserts per hobby box. The retail blaster contains 1 of 5 KU Championship Pennants...and these are sweet! I figured they'd be about the size of a card, but these are 5.5" tall and 3.5" wide and very much remind me of a patch you would sew onto a jacket or backpack. A very cool addition to the retail blasters and now something else I'm going to have to chase down to get the complete set, lol!

As for my hits...quantity and quality...I was extremely pleased. The hits came as follows:

Retail Blaster: Roger Morningstar AU, Ryan Evans Icons
Hobby Box #1: Kieth Langford AU, Phog Allen & Skinny Johnson Icons
Hobby Box #2: Kevin Pritchard AU, Chris Piper AU, Darnell Valentine & Reaf LaFrentz Icons
Hobby Box #3: Lovellette/Born Dual AU 2/3, Wilt Chamberlain & BH Born Icons, #85 Bud Stallworth Gold Parallel 11/50

The 3rd and last box I opened was awesome! I am so very stoked over the Lovellette/Born Dual AU 2/3! Open of my better pulls in awhile...and it's PC to boot! And pulling an auto out of the retail blaster and 2 autos out of box #2 was just gravy. This was by far the most fun I've had cracking boxes in awhile...of course when everything is PC, how can you not enjoy it?!

If there are any other Jayhawk fans or just fans of this set, I do have at least 2 extra complete base sets #1-100 and tons of insert dupes. I am still getting all these entered into my ORG...but if anybody is interested in a base set and/or some inserts, I will be willing to trade them at a discount. I now have my complete base and insert set (minus the Icons), so I am happy and would love to help out anybody else who is interested.

As mentioned, I will be chasing the rest of the Icons inserts, the retail Championship Pennant set, as well as any other autos I can get my hands on. Not sure that I will buy anymore boxes, but will be hitting the internet sites & auctions as well as be up for any trade if anybody else has cracked any of this product.

Thanks for reading and taking a look! Here are the scans:

[Image: IMG_0692_zps7e472d0b.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0691_zps2027a483.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0690_zpse081a4a8.jpg]
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: 2013 Upper Deck Kansas Hobby & Retail Box Breaks
Nice Break! I am a huge KU fan! Rock Chalk! Anyhow i remember this set coming out but didn't pick up any boxes, i might have to now though after seeing it! My brother went to KU around the time of Danny Manning. He graduated the same year. Thanks again for posting this very cool break!

(01-16-2014, 09:33 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Nice Break! I am a huge KU fan! Rock Chalk! Anyhow i remember this set coming out but didn't pick up any boxes, i might have to now though after seeing it! My brother went to KU around the time of Danny Manning. He graduated the same year. Thanks again for posting this very cool break!
I would have loved to had seen Manning play in Allen Fieldhouse...the man is truly a Jayhawk Legend! When I was at KU, I actually had a summer class with Gooden, Hinrich, and Collison...get this, talk about a fluff class...it was "Movies of the 60's". All we did was sit around and watch movies from that decade. And I always get told how tall I am at 6'4", but standing next to those guys...well, I didn't feel very tall, lol.

Anyhow, thank you for the post! I did thoroughly enjoy cracking these and recommend the product to any Jayhawk fan. Hope you are able to pick some up! Enjoy, friend!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Sounds like a fun class. I have never been to a game there but always wanted to. That is truly on my bucket list. I also collect Jayhawks past and present. I need to pickup a Mclemore and Withey this year.

Nice break Jason, especially that AU #'d 2/3! Also, I PM'd you back.

Nice dual auto
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Nice break congrats on the PC pull.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]