`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011- What are these cards?

2011- What are these cards?
In 2011 I opened one pack of cards (I believe it was a jumbo pack) and these brown backed cards were in it.
I have no idea what they are. They are thicker than the normal card, the Topps logo is different, they are not UV coated and they have they are printed on brown backs.
As I look in the Search, there really isn't anything listed for these (unless it is something like a Target edition or something like that).

The standard cards are on the left and the cards in question are on the right.
Can someone tell me what these are?

[Image: 2011-brownbacks_zps9a36e792.jpg]
[Image: sig2_zps1ec2af91.jpg]

RE: 2011- What are these cards?
Its the target edition for 2011 Topps.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Are they somewhat rare and/or collected much?

Not extremely rare--- they replaced them with the red parallels that you get 20 in a blaster box now.

I think they're pretty cool. Especially the throwback Topps logo top right corner. I have a bunch ... Mostly worth more than the base version, but not serial numbered or limited ... So worth less than those.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.