`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Peeve #2

RE: Pet Peeve #2
This is really a petty thing to complain about. As long as people let you know before completing a trade I don't see what the big deal is ... especially when it comes to vintage.
Kepler

I've had a few trades where I asked "is it really NM" and have gotten a yes response of some kind... Only to have the card show up and be a 5 or 6 at best. Really frustrating, but I chalked it up as a learning experience to ALWAYS get a scan on higher valued or star vintage cards with traders who I have not worked with in the past.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

NM is the default for beckett and adding a bunch in bulk its a PITA to do one by one and do condition, any vintage I have I tried to go back and give it a rough grade but not everyone has a chance.

Personally i ASSUME it's NOT NM and ask what the actual condition is, so far everyone has given very good information on the condition or provided scans, I dont see it as a big deal as long as both parties communicate.

Would you prefer they just trade it to you as near mint then be pissed off that the condition isnt??

(02-15-2014, 10:40 AM)txconx Wrote: I don't have any cards marked for trade or sale but the reason the condition is at default is because I'm only at the stage where I'm trying to get the massive collection inventoried. DH says "I have the complete set," so it goes on the inventory list - I haven't even gotten to the part where I inspect the cards yet. I'm not quite sure how Beckett works yet, but if someone looked at my public collections and contacted me asking if I'd trade, based on what they see on the list, I'd be telling them the same thing - the condition listed isn't the actual condition.
That is why you keep the cards hidden until you know they are ready. I hate it when I pick out 50 cards from someone who has 10,000+ cards listed, only to find out they are not NM as stated, but more along VG. Complete waste of time.

Ask for a scan then you can decide for yourself.

(02-15-2014, 05:51 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Ask for a scan then you can decide for yourself.
+1
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]