Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
To Grade or not to grade ?

To Grade or not to grade ?
Hey everyone,
Im a struggling a bit with what cards to have graded. Because of funds, I don't have the coin to grade everything, so Im asking opinions on what the community thinks I should have graded.

I have various Chrome refractors in different colors and xfractors of Russell Wilson, Cam Netwon, RGII, Kapernick, Nick Foles, and Andrew Luck. I also have a few autographs of TY Hilton. If you had to pick 3 players to have their cards graded, who would you pick and why ?

Im thinking Newton, Foles, and Kapernick ?
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

RE: To Grade or not to grade ?
(01-05-2014, 10:35 PM)charps Wrote: Hey everyone,
Im a struggling a bit with what cards to have graded. Because of funds, I don't have the coin to grade everything, so Im asking opinions on what the community thinks I should have graded.

I have various Chrome refractors in different colors and xfractors of Russell Wilson, Cam Netwon, RGII, Kapernick, Nick Foles, and Andrew Luck. I also have a few autographs of TY Hilton. If you had to pick 3 players to have their cards graded, who would you pick and why ?

Im thinking Newton, Foles, and Kapernick ?
I have the same problem haha. I've decided if I get cards worth $100 or more, I'll get those graded. Also, any autos or really nice cards of my favorite players...otherwise I'm going to go with top loaders and mag protectors. I'd go Luck, Wilson, and Newton personally, as I'm not a believer in RGIII or Kaep if you are looking at them holding value. Just my opinion, but I'm new to this lol.

Luck, Newton and Wilson.

I second the Luck, Newton and Wilson suggestion. Other than that, I grade cards that have high value so as to preserve the value. If you do it that way, you should stay away from the rookie - 3rd year players as their value will sharply increase or decrease based on performance - unless of course you just want to turn it around and sell it.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

Of what you listed, I'd go Wilson, Luck, and Kaepernick or Newton.

Kaepernick has stong values, but so does Newton. Wilson is a strong QB just as luck is and is a natural born leader.

Of these brands, I'd say Refractor, but also check the cards you have to see which ones have graded values. Some RG3's RC's do have graded values as do Lucks, and they have higher values (drastically higher) when graded.

a $20 RG3 rookie card when graded I beleive was worth $40-$50.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

I'd pick the card that looks the best. A grade of 8 will lower the value of any of those guys. If you're talking about value - 9 or 9.5 will help if modern. Vintage is another story.

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Wilson because I feel he's underrated and will go up in value. Foles because he has a bright future and value potential like Wilson. TY because when Wayne went out, he was the man. How many years does Reggie have left?
Autos: 230/270=85.2% complete! Only 8 non 1/1's left!
Total: 614/643=95.5% only 29 non 1/1's to go 1/1's: 60/160=37.5%
[Image: tdwright13bennettbanner.jpg]