`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puig: most "dangerous" auto

Puig: most "dangerous" auto
Saw this article on big league stew about Puig's autos being the second-most forged in the industry (behind Michael Jordan):

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-le...--mlb.html
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: Puig: most "dangerous" auto
Did somebody say, Puig in-person auto?

[Image: PweegTrout_zpsba94ba54.jpg]

Yeah, after reading that article, I'm wondering if PSA is a lot more strict than BGS/JSA. I originally submitted the Trout to PSA and they rejected it, but then I sent it to BGS/JSA and they authenticated it.

So when I bought the Puig, I just submitted to BGS/JSA and they slabbed it the first time, LOL.

I know JSA has gotten in hot water about like vintage baseballs and stuff in the past, but I'd have to assume Beckett would not affiliate with a company like that unless they had eventually proven they were legit.

Puig is only on the list because the demand for his autographs GREATLY outweighed the supply for a couple months when he debuted. The fools who payed WAY too much for them deserve what they get. Not to mention that he has a very easy looking signature to try to forge.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I am still upset that I didn't signed a few more baseballs when Puig played winter league in Puerto Rico last year. He signed me one baseball and I was the only one asking him for autos in the game. Article has his points with not much time for him to sign and now he knows the business part of the auto industry.

(12-23-2013, 07:49 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Puig is only on the list because the demand for his autographs GREATLY outweighed the supply for a couple months when he debuted. The fools who payed WAY too much for them deserve what they get. Not to mention that he has a very easy looking signature to try to forge.
Yeah, I got mine for $50 from a collector in Puerto Rico (not Francisco), but Francisco verified that it was easy to get autos at the winter league games and that the sig on his ball looked exactly like the one on my card.

I figured for the relatively low risk-reward I would go for it, and once I got it slabbed I was pretty happy with it.

It is true. This year we had Billy Hamilton playing. He signed me many cards. Just a few fans asking for autos. With a few more players to get their autos. I am still thinking of Puig. Damn.
(12-23-2013, 08:01 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, I got mine for $50 from a collector in Puerto Rico (not Francisco), but Francisco verified that it was easy to get autos at the winter league games and that the sig on his ball looked exactly like the one on my card.

I figured for the relatively low risk-reward I would go for it, and once I got it slabbed I was pretty happy with it.

Hey Francisco, I should send U some cards and get them signed for me!! Lol

No problem. Season is almost over here. I do have a few extra autos of some players.
(12-23-2013, 08:34 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: Hey Francisco, I should send U some cards and get them signed for me!! Lol