Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
paul pierce rookie cards investments?
Thumbs Up 
paul pierce rookie cards investments?
Anybody know what pierce rookie cards would be good for future investments?

RE: paul pierce rookie cards investments?
I would say your best bet are refractors. However, and I say this as someone who has well over 50 Pierce RCs, I would not consider any of them a significant future investment. The 98-99 cards were produced in crazy bulk, he does not have a overly strong role in the hobby, the cards from that year are high quality so it is relatively easy to get a good grade, and even the super rare items such as the Skybox Ruby would sell for so much now that it is unlikely to continue to increase over time. I truly believe if you want to collect Pierce or Dirk RCs then it is because of your desire to focus on them for your own hobby. I would not consider them investment items. Then again, even when I buy vintage stuff I never see it as an investment. To me it's just me buying a gift for myself, for a hobby I enjoy. If I ever need to sell something I hope to get close to what I paid for it in return. That's just my outlook on it.

IMO the only player from the 98-99 draft (sorry Kandiman) that might have some investment potential would be Vince. He was such a huge focus of so many collectors back in the day,that as people like myself get the mid-life crisis desire to re-engage with the hobby they may look to his cards. Plus over the years the prices on his stuff has dropped so there is some room for them to rebound. Again, this is only a maybe if adults 30+ return to the hobby and increase demands.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

(12-14-2013, 07:48 AM)SHowley2003 Wrote: I would say your best bet are refractors. However, and I say this as someone who has well over 50 Pierce RCs, I would not consider any of them a significant future investment. The 98-99 cards were produced in crazy bulk, he does not have a overly strong role in the hobby, the cards from that year are high quality so it is relatively easy to get a good grade, and even the super rare items such as the Skybox Ruby would sell for so much now that it is unlikely to continue to increase over time. I truly believe if you want to collect Pierce or Dirk RCs then it is because of your desire to focus on them for your own hobby. I would not consider them investment items. Then again, even when I buy vintage stuff I never see it as an investment. To me it's just me buying a gift for myself, for a hobby I enjoy. If I ever need to sell something I hope to get close to what I paid for it in return. That's just my outlook on it.

The only player from the 98-99, IMO, draft (sorry Kandiman) that might have some investment potential would be Vince. He was such a huge focus of so many collectors back in the day,that as people like myself get the mid-life crisis desire to re-engage with the hobby they may look to his cards. Plus over the years the prices on his stuff has dropped so there is some room for them to rebound. Again, this is only a maybe if adults 30+ return to the hobby and increase demands.
Yeah, You nailed this. You did a great job being able to separate the collectors standpoint from the investors standpoint. You totally nailed this.
From an investment standpoint, the only cards worth investing in are those that will beat inflation. 98% of total cards produced from 98-99 on are terrible investments. They actually lose value due to the depreciating value of the dollar (like it or not, more gets printed daily making those in circulation worth less).
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(12-14-2013, 07:48 AM)SHowley2003 Wrote: The only player from the 98-99, IMO, draft (sorry Kandiman) that might have some investment potential would be Vince.
Lol yah, sad but true.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

You couldn't have put it any other way showley. Thanks