`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids Call Topps Shenanigans .... Same Card different serial numbering ???

Kids Call Topps Shenanigans .... Same Card different serial numbering ???
***YOUR POST WAS MODIFIED- REFRAIN FROM SWEAR SHORTHAND PLEASE- MOD **

My kids call Shenanigans on Topps....something #'d to 10 there should ONLY be 10 produced / made / in existance RIGHT...... How do you make another print of the exact same card & then # that print run to 15 & another to 30 & another to 35 (WTF) ???? Am I & my kids are the only ones who see this ??? To me this is called a Sucker's Bet !!!!

Examples of what I'm talking about:

#'d to 10 ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Five-...35cf49c856

#'d to 15 ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Five-...485df0e5f9

#'d to 30 ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Five-...19e6016ce8

#'d to 35 ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Five-...461744cefd

I showed this to my kids (10 & 12) & they asked...

(My 10 year old Daughter) "Are adults dumb enough to think one card is more valuable than the other even though they are the exact same card with just different serial numbering on it....I can't believe people get roped into this kind of stuff! How can you have 10 but 15, 30, & 35 more exist ???? THAT EQUALS 90 ALL DAY LONG !!!!

( My 12 year old Son) "If something is advertised as #1 & only 1.....and there is another exact same model of the exact same thing doesn't that mean there would be 2 ? This is basic children's arithmetic!!!"

If this is what we have to teach our children now days then NO WONDER our country is going down the drain....Hell my kids already struggle with the concept of going into a place to eat & they ask for a small order but they are told they don't serve small orders only medium & larges....then my kids ask how is that even possible ....This is the same concept as the cards above...

I told them lets just post this & you'll see someone out there will try to defend or justify this way of thinking.....Let the comments & replies begin.....................Like the game show: Are you smarter than a 5th grader???

[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

RE: Kids Call Topps Shenanigans .... Same Card different serial numbering WTF???
But the relics are framed in different colored borders! They are amazingly different lol
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Kids Call Topps Shenanigans .... Same Card different serial numbering WTF???
I'm getting to the point where I'm pretty much done with all the different parallels. Unless its legit like a refractor I really don't care about print runs. Triple threads and museum collections slight color changes do nothing for me. Leaf memories is the worst though. Stamping a couple colored numbers on some 25 year old buy backs and telling people they are rare is beyond me. I saw one leaf buy back with a 5/5 stamped on it sell for $20+. I have a pile of the same card in my basement I can't give away
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(12-08-2013, 01:49 PM)rollx8 Wrote: Hell my kids already struggle with the concept of going into a place to eat & they ask for a small order but they are told they don't serve small orders only medium & larges....then my kids ask how is that even possible
This may be the most brilliant kid statement uttered all week. Seriously one is bigger and one smaller. I love it!!
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Back in my day kids respected the card parallels lol. Good points though Smile
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

This is pretty much the exact issue I have with anything produced after about 2003-2004 (in just tracking through my Piazzas, that seems to be when it all exploded). Granted, before that there are some sets who played this trick - from upper deck with its gold logos, collectors choice and it's silver and gold signatures, pacific products with gold/silver/bronze/etc, and one of the biggest culprits was the many leaf sets. Then Topps got in on the game with Tek and Moments & Milestones, went, hey! people are suckers and will chase these! and then the colored parallels took off, and then the infinitesimal numbers with even smaller card "differences"... This is why I will never be a truly "modern" collector. It is just too silly. My Piazzas provide enough madness Smile
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I have a bigger issue with the fact that Topps uses the same exact photos across so many sets.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

yeah i've stopped really looking for low #'ed cards, its more about how the card looks that i care about now. And for some reason some higher #'ed cards are coming out with sweeter patches then their lowered #'ed counterparts.
and how many sets do they make that look completely identical?
Bowman , Bowman Chrome , Bowman DPP hell they cant even put "1st bowman card" on most of the first year drafted players cuz they spent that token on them when they were teens in USA.
Ive completely stopped buying boxes, its not even fun any more ill just pick up the few i want from ebay and save myself the $$ in the long run. I feel most in the hobby are going this route, maybe thatll make topps wake up
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(12-08-2013, 05:43 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I have a bigger issue with the fact that Topps uses the same exact photos across so many sets.
+1. This is my biggest beef. Trying to player/team collect and needing to get 30+ of the same picture is ridiculous. Roy Halladay had a base AND a checklist in Topps base with the same picture this year. Plain laziness if you ask me. I myself don't have a problem with the parallel's as I do like the different colors (except the target reds) and don't mind chasing them....just change the pictures up in the different products.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-08-2013, 06:27 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1. This is my biggest beef. Trying to player/team collect and needing to get 30+ of the same picture is ridiculous. Roy Halladay had a base AND a checklist in Topps base with the same picture this year. Plain laziness if you ask me. I myself don't have a problem with the parallel's as I do like the different colors (except the target reds) and don't mind chasing them....just change the pictures up in the different products.
Some of the parallels I don't mind (especially Chromes)- with common numbering/colors like Red /25, Gold /50, Black /100, blue /250 and so forth. I don't like Triple Threads and their nonsensical color/number combos like /7, /9, /18, /27, /36/, etc. That's way too many and it's not realistic (for me) to player collect like that. But yeah, like we were saying, would it kill Topps to license another photo for pete's sake? My Mike Stanton collection in particular looks so boring with so many similar cards across sets.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*