`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Dealing with members with zero posts and/or by TRADE MESSAGE

RE: Dealing with members with zero posts or by TRADE MESSAGE
I very seldom post in forums for several reasons. 1) the post gets pushed down the list by new lists and "disappears" 2) there is no notification option to show responses and i don' t have the time to search for my post again and again 3) don't remember ever getting any information or trades that were useful from a forum. Just my input
Steve
Steeler fan through and through - any set, any year, any Steeler.
PC: 17,800 different Steelers cards as of November 2021

(01-20-2018, 02:29 PM)toabeignjr Wrote: I very seldom post in forums for several reasons. 1) the post gets pushed down the list by new lists and "disappears" 2) there is no notification option to show responses and i don' t have the time to search for my post again and again 3) don't remember ever getting any information or trades that were useful from a forum. Just my input
Just a fyi-
When you click reply to a message or create your own post, you can "subscribe" and get email notifications when someone posts a reply. Look under thread subscription

Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(01-20-2018, 03:07 PM)floydtown Wrote: Just a fyi-
When you click reply to a message or create your own post, you can "subscribe" and get email notifications when someone posts a reply. Look under thread subscription
Thanks floydtown, although that is a pet peeve of mine, having to do extra clicks for simple things that should be standard.
Steve
Steeler fan through and through - any set, any year, any Steeler.
PC: 17,800 different Steelers cards as of November 2021

In defense to noobies Im personally a new when it comes to trading and I personally would love to trade but Ill probably be slow at being it would be my first time Im not afraid to ship first but on the flip side I would be a little worried to be taken advantage of being its new to me and the receiver my say screw you noobie just saying. With that said who has eagles cards dm me
[Image: B84FB5C2-5EB7-415B-AA95-5715CEB5FD02.jpg]

PC Philadelphia Eagles help me build my pc

(01-30-2018, 07:20 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Your argument lacks merit in that the veterans do not want to risk future trading by creating a bad situation, whereas newbies have nothing to lose as they can fade away into the night. Newbies should expect respect but be willing to bend a little to make trades, including shipping first and accepting trades that are not necessarily PC.

Just my opinion, having been a newbie in 2013 and being elated that others would trust me enough to make trades until proven a stellar trader.
Im just saying in general. Truth is yeah both parties run a risk of getting the short end of the stick. I understand where the vets are coming from but like I said some vets are not no better than than a newbie. Me personally would not give anyone a hard time far as anything goes on here but I can only speak for my self. I know you been around a little while spoken with you when I first jointed

[Image: B84FB5C2-5EB7-415B-AA95-5715CEB5FD02.jpg]

PC Philadelphia Eagles help me build my pc

(01-30-2018, 07:20 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Newbies should expect respect but be willing to bend a little to make trades, including shipping first and accepting trades that are not necessarily PC.
J
No one should feel a need to accept a trade with a veteran trader or any trader for that matter for something they don't necessarily want or need.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

2 more bad trades from members with zero posts.......the stats do not lie
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Found 2 more banned traders trading by PM / trade system with zero posts. It's too easy to look up their profile and see if they have posted or not. The odds are not in your favor trading this way unless it's a trusted source.

TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

It happened again, Make the trader post in the forum. 90% of bad trades happen from repeat offenders and they use the PM or trade messaging system to get you. I think I may have had 2 people over the last year ask about a trader BEFORE MAILING out if he was on the bad trader list.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

In today's environment it is hard to believe that people don't pay attention to "Buyer Beware" warnings and advice! I guess the thrill of the chase for a certain card clouds the mind...