IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Beane Goes Off

RE: Billy Beane Goes Off
Moneyball 2 in the works?
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

(12-03-2013, 09:18 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: well if your looking to unload your choice pick ups from the last couple of years i know a guy Wink
I have a few I'm going to pull from PC to trade in a bit... If russell gets dealt I'm going to quit collecting for a while lol.

The choice deal = meh. .300 with some pop at AAA was giving me some hope. We need a home grown masher eventually. Gentry has a good line against lefties so he'll platoon with reddick and give us an option when coco does his yearly stint on the DL.

Jim Johnson trade = two thumbs up
Gregerson trade = two thumbs up... Adding to an already strong bullpen is never a bad thing.

Kazmir signing is alright. but could turn out well if he returns to form. I don't mind the deal considering what was available and what people were asking for.

I think Cespedes will put the pieces together this year and be a masher in the middle of the lineup (predicting .270/35/90... If healthy)... Getting another bat behind him sure wouldn't hurt!!!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I'm kinda sad to see Balfour go but not surprised in the least. I loved his intensity. I'd say all of the moves made sense. The A's would be foolish to trade Russell though Cespedes would be more likely. (That would suck) I'm amazed at how much a revolving door Oakland is. Guess you have to be when you have a cheap owner and an ancient coliseum...

(12-03-2013, 09:18 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: well if your looking to unload your choice pick ups from the last couple of years i know a guy Wink
I may become a Rangers fan anyway, considering they picked up this guy not even a month after Topps sent me this:

[Image: PrinceSolo_zps0c27eb7f.jpg]
(12-04-2013, 12:17 AM)petillo64 Wrote: I have a few I'm going to pull from PC to trade in a bit... If russell gets dealt I'm going to quit collecting for a while lol.

The choice deal = meh. .300 with some pop at AAA was giving me some hope. We need a home grown masher eventually. Gentry has a good line against lefties so he'll platoon with reddick and give us an option when coco does his yearly stint on the DL.

Jim Johnson trade = two thumbs up
Gregerson trade = two thumbs up... Adding to an already strong bullpen is never a bad thing.

Kazmir signing is alright. but could turn out well if he returns to form. I don't mind the deal considering what was available and what people were asking for.

I think Cespedes will put the pieces together this year and be a masher in the middle of the lineup (predicting .270/35/90... If healthy)... Getting another bat behind him sure wouldn't hurt!!!
They had one. His name was Michael Choice!

I hope these Cespedes trade rumors fizzle out. This is why it's so hard to be an A's fan. As soon as you get attached to a player they're out the door. Good old Billy Beane, keepin' em young and cheap. Banking his success on "ballplayers." No one flashy, no one elite just good old cheap undervalued ballplayers.

At least you guys have something to get excited / pissed off about. Our big signing's this week were John Mayberry, Kyle Kendrick and Kevin Fransden....the Nats/Braves/Marlins/Mets are shaking. Just blow it up and reboot...oh wait, nothing on the horizon in the minors (not much anyway), strapped with overpaid pitchers. Maybe Bartolo Colon is the answer?

You should all thank god for Billy Beane........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-04-2013, 09:30 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: I hope these Cespedes trade rumors fizzle out. This is why it's so hard to be an A's fan. As soon as you get attached to a player they're out the door. Good old Billy Beane, keepin' em young and cheap. Banking his success on "ballplayers." No one flashy, no one elite just good old cheap undervalued ballplayers.
Yesterday on the radio Beane said Cespedes was off-limits in trade talks. You never know with him though, if he's offered some intriguing pieces with enough upside I'm sure noone is off-limits... ever. He trades real life ballplayers like we trade cards...

Not having an elite player is what is keeping us for postseason success. We're consistently above average/good across the board which = regular season success... We need Cespedes to step his game up and become that middle of the order masher next year for any shot IMO

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(12-04-2013, 09:30 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: I hope these Cespedes trade rumors fizzle out. This is why it's so hard to be an A's fan. As soon as you get attached to a player they're out the door. Good old Billy Beane, keepin' em young and cheap. Banking his success on "ballplayers." No one flashy, no one elite just good old cheap undervalued ballplayers.
this is why i never buy player jerseys. im all about the name on the front, not the name on the back

except for wily mo pena *wipes tear away*

(12-05-2013, 04:54 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: this is why i never buy player jerseys. im all about the name on the front, not the name on the back

I should follow this rule, any player jersey I've bought in any sport ends up traded or chases money

(12-05-2013, 04:54 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: this is why i never buy player jerseys. I'm all about the name on the front, not the name on the back

Well put. Billy Beane does so well at getting the biggest bang for his buck with undervalued players. Seems like so much money in baseball is wasted for players past their prime and based mostly on their past accomplishments.