Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another interesting gamer story

another interesting gamer story
Alrighty folks!

So as most of you know, I ended up with a big box of potential game used jerseys. Most of them are nobodies. Well, I decided to start selling them!

I started looking around the web, trying to find comparable jerseys to help me both authenticate and price them. When I looked up the Pat Underwood jersey, the first thing that popped up was a post in a game-used jersey forum from 4 years ago of a guy looking to buy them.

I was hoping that he either had one I could compare my tags to, or that he would still be interested, so I dropped him an email. Very quickly I received a reply! Apparently not only was he interested, but he was also related to Pat Underwood!

Eventually, Pat Underwood himself started emailing me trying to get the jersey back for his family. According to him, he didn't have a Rangers jersey yet, since they cut him during Spring Training. We were able to agree on a fair price, and it's going to him tomorrow!

It's always nice to be able to help players get lost pieces of their past back!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: another interesting gamer story
That's cool.....congrats
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Very awesome story....congrats! See that...even nobodies are somebodies to someone. It's great you could help a player.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-03-2013, 10:34 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Very awesome story....congrats! See that...even nobodies are somebodies to someone. It's great you could help a player.
Joe I don't think he thinks of himself as a nobody. lol jk

[Image: OKimtze.png]

That's awesome, it's going to the one place it can be appreciated the most. I know every time I end up with a "who-the-heck-is-this-guy" piece, I always joke at least his mom will want it..
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

That's a cool story. Sounds like when they have jersey auctions for the Tampa Yankees and the moms & families are involved in the auctions. few years back one mom ended up just letting a fan outbid here saying I can always get another later. lol. and in some cases the team works out a buy it now price for the families