`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Black Friday

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Black Friday
Hope you all had an enjoyable thanksgiving! I can't believe the site was down for so long!
Turkey day was good, but Black Friday was better, even though I was working!
Had a nice visitor drop over to the office. Robbins (Kevin) Dynasty and I had a chance to sit and chat about Yankee prospects, Yankee cards and all sorts of baseball stuff. It was a pleasure to meet, someone I've know here for so long, in person!
I picked up a few boxes of cards from Blowout and Dave & Adams on their BF specials. Hopefully, I'll have some great stuff to show you soon!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Black Friday
I missed out on the '11 Chrome Bowman blasters deal they had... Had 6 of them loaded in my cart, was browsing for other stuff for free shipping, and by the time I finished checkout they were back to regular price! I wasn't collecting in '11 and was hoping for a Trout RC or 5.

Good luck with your breaks!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I got 7 blasters of 2011 BDPP for $9.99 each from BO and a few sweet boxes from Steel City.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

I was and am thoroughly pissed off at Beckett for the outage. A four hour scheduled maintenance period shouldn't take 48 hours (not including Thanksgiving of course). These forums look like they were designed in 2004, yet we get more "maintenance" and down time than any other site I've ever seen. How is it that so few websites have to go "down" for maintenance, but this site has to do it weekly without improving anything? I'm furious that we've been promised updates to the system as a whole, but instead they just put more stress on this outdated clunker by adding OPG's for coins. I've had enough. I'll continue to subscribe to Beckett Magazines, but after my OPG subscription ends I'm done with the website.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(11-30-2013, 04:19 PM)cross4444 Wrote: I'm furious that we've been promised updates to the system as a whole, but instead they just put more stress on this outdated clunker by adding OPG's for coins.
Haha. Very well said.

Good luck with those blasters! Out here in my area we get retail very late and it is NEVER on sale. My Target has as many '12 Ginter full-priced blasters as they do '13
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(11-30-2013, 04:25 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Haha. Very well said.

Good luck with those blasters! Out here in my area we get retail very late and it is NEVER on sale. My Target has as many '12 Ginter full-priced blasters as they do '13
Same here, I got these from Blowout's Black Friday sale. We still have 2012 Series 1 Hangar packs up at full price at my Walmart. There's not Target in town, so I buy most my boxes online.

Well done Ziveus. A discerning eye at a card show can usually find better deals than any place online.

Has anyone been combing COMC? I've marked down 40% and had a lot of sales, plus added some great PC cards for a steal.

(11-30-2013, 04:56 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Well done Ziveus. A discerning eye at a card show can usually find better deals than any place online.

Has anyone been combing COMC? I've marked down 40% and had a lot of sales, plus added some great PC cards for a steal.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving also...thanks DrM. Actually got some org dome and like Ziveus....spent nothing (except $4.75 for a team lot of Phillies High Heritage) as I have a large card show coming up next week. Saw some people were upset/confused about the forums being down in the "news" module. I actually looked at COMC for the first time in a long time.....I guess I gotta dive in, but I just don't like thier model as I think thier cash out fees are excessive. Anyway, off to dinner than I'll probably be back for most of the night catching up ( all the Christmas decorating except the tree is done....WOOHOO!!!!!)

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

As far as baseball goes I got 2 boxes of 2013 Heritage Minors, and a box each of 2013 Onyx Auth'd Platinum Prospects S1 and S2. Good luck on your breaks and happy holidays everyone.

(11-30-2013, 04:03 PM)petillo64 Wrote: I missed out on the '11 Chrome Bowman blasters deal they had... Had 6 of them loaded in my cart, was browsing for other stuff for free shipping, and by the time I finished checkout they were back to regular price! I wasn't collecting in '11 and was hoping for a Trout RC or 5.

Good luck with your breaks!
Same thing happened to me with those blasters! By the time I was checking out ... Bam, up to $15 .... So I passed. Got a couple of Bowman Draft picks hobby. Got some older cards ... 2008 razor, 2011 ITG, 2008 Topps, 2010 Topps ... Some others, too. I'll share the joy/misery with you fine folks ASAP!

Almost picked up another A&G hobby for $59 from Dave & Adam, but the site wouldn't load it into my cart. Tried a few times while it was still @90% but every time I tried ... Nada. Then decided not to try anymore ... Figured it was fate telling me to save my $$$. Another favorite site DCS cards was down the whole day ... Maybe their server crashed .., hopefully, they're still in business.m
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-30-2013, 04:52 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: BTW DrMitchJ, if you (or Robbins) ever stop by New York to see a Staten Island Yankees game give me a call. I'd love to meet you guys and argue talk about the Yankees while watching the baby bombers.
You've got yourself a deal! That would be a total blast!