`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardboard Therapy 11/26/2013

Cardboard Therapy 11/26/2013
Here is the latest version for my Cardboard Therapy editions on my blog.

http://draft2dynasty.blogspot.com/2013/1...12513.html

If some of you guys recognize some of the cards within the post. Thank you. I enjoy flipping cards that I pulled for stuff to help build my collection and the time I get to bond with my kids over them. They are only 2 and 3 but they have seen a ton of baseball and enjoy getting to see cards of guys they have gotten to see play live and also gotten to be around on a personal level.

RE: Cardboard Therapy 11/26/2013
(11-26-2013, 01:05 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Here is the latest version for my Cardboard Therapy editions on my blog.

http://draft2dynasty.blogspot.com/2013/1...12513.html

If some of you guys recognize some of the cards within the post. Thank you. I enjoy flipping cards that I pulled for stuff to help build my collection and the time I get to bond with my kids over them. They are only 2 and 3 but they have seen a ton of baseball and enjoy getting to see cards of guys they have gotten to see play live and also gotten to be around on a personal level.
Another nice stroll through your ever growing Yankee collection. Thanks! I love that pic of Brett Marshall ... Posed pitcher shots remind me of vintage cards, before they started doing "in action" as the standard.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-26-2013, 08:19 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Another nice stroll through your ever growing Yankee collection. Thanks! I love that pic of Brett Marshall ... Posed pitcher shots remind me of vintage cards, before they started doing "in action" as the standard.
I too like some of the posed shots. as long as they are mindful of the card as a whole.

Just a little side note, and I'll try to bring some to the office to show you, but there are a ton of old cards, 50's, 60's mostly that have Yankee Stadium in the background ... As you know, Topps was centered in Brooklyn, NY and most of the AL teams pictures were taken when they would visit the Yankees on a road trip to New York.
[Image: 06c3e0c31fa7bcd9a6afd991e3c26aa7_zpsb3bee8d2.jpg]
Here's a nice example from my collection.
Maybe you'd want to do a blog about that, if you run out of ideas?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.