`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty sweet blaster of Prestige ... never had this happen before!

Pretty sweet blaster of Prestige ... never had this happen before!
So some of you may have seen my rants about the USPS all over the boards lately.

Well, I think the card gods decided to give me some good karma to cheer me up a little.

I saw that our local Target had some new Prestige blasters in, so I grabbed one the other night.

I noticed that one pack was thicker than the others, so I set that aside for last.

When I finally opened it, there were two hits in the pack — a retail first for me, in over 25 years of collecting (not that the "hit" era goes back that far, LOL).

First one was an auto!

[Image: JL3_zpsf704630e.jpg]

OK, so not that great of an auto, although he does have a cool looking sig (wonder if that "3" by the "J" is representing the "III" in his name?)

Well, the lackluster auto was certainly compensated for by the jersey card behind it.

You might have heard of this guy:

[Image: LBJJersey_zpsf4f693bb.jpg]

Blammo! My #1 hoops PC guy, the King himself!

By the way, I love the look of this set, the NBA Materials. I like "The Silhouette" over the jersey swatch, not to mention the fact that LeBron kind of looks like the silhouette in the photo, LOL

RE: Pretty sweet blaster of Prestige ... never had this happen before!
Awesome hits man, I have to agree that is a nice signature. I don't know if I have ever heard of anyone having 2 hits in a blaster either, I would be interested in knowing if anyone on here has had that kind of luck. Also to pull a hit like LeBron is hard to do also and for him to be a PC also makes it pretty sweet.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

THe retail king strikes again. Nice hits RJ!!
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I bought two prestige blasters Sunday. Got a C.J. Miles auto and a Sullinger patch in one and a Turriaf patch in the other. Pretty decent hits but there are a TON of autos in this product so not all that surprising.

(11-26-2013, 05:54 AM)kevinr Wrote: Awesome hits man, I have to agree that is a nice signature. I don't know if I have ever heard of anyone having 2 hits in a blaster either, I would be interested in knowing if anyone on here has had that kind of luck. Also to pull a hit like LeBron is hard to do also and for him to be a PC also makes it pretty sweet.
Back in 2011, most of the Absolute football blasters had two hits — usually a "Rookie Collection" or "War Room" jersey of a rookie and then some token veteran jersey.

(And I actually got four hits in one of those once — crazy! Best one was Torrey Smith, though. The others were Vincent Brown, Taiwan Jones and ... ???)

But yeah, I've never gotten an auto and a jersey before, much less one of the hits being the caliber of a LeBron.

This was actually the first Miami jersey of his I pulled — and that's a lot of blasters over the last three years.

I was pretty excited. In fact, another member had pulled one a couple of weeks ago, and I liked the design so much I actually tried to trade for it.
(11-26-2013, 06:15 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: THe retail king strikes again. Nice hits RJ!!
LOL, thanks ... I agree!
(11-26-2013, 09:39 AM)treswatson Wrote: I bought two prestige blasters Sunday. Got a C.J. Miles auto and a Sullinger patch in one and a Turriaf patch in the other. Pretty decent hits but there are a TON of autos in this product so not all that surprising.
That's interesting ... I pulled a Kidd auto/10 out of a Hoops blaster a week or two ago.

I think they're loading up on the hits because of the perception of this year being a weak rookie class.

Doubt they'll do it next year, LOL

By the way, you should try to trade that Sully jersey to my man JMarchand1981 — he's a big Celtics/Sully guy.

the 08-09 Skybox blasters were actually pretty full of some good stuff. You are guaranteed a jersey card in each blaster, but I had an extra jersey card in one that turned out to be KG. You also typically got 1 ruby /50 in each blaster. One box had a Monta Ellis GU piece and a Durant ruby /50 that booked over $100. Probably the best blasters for the money, I usually pick up a few when they go on deep discount at blowoutcards.

Never pulled an auto and a gu out of a blaster though, that's definitely pretty rare!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(11-26-2013, 04:30 PM)buckunteer Wrote: the 08-09 Skybox blasters were actually pretty full of some good stuff. You are guaranteed a jersey card in each blaster, but I had an extra jersey card in one that turned out to be KG. You also typically got 1 ruby /50 in each blaster. One box had a Monta Ellis GU piece and a Durant ruby /50 that booked over $100. Probably the best blasters for the money, I usually pick up a few when they go on deep discount at blowoutcards.

Never pulled an auto and a gu out of a blaster though, that's definitely pretty rare!
I really liked Skybox that year ... although, the "Johnny Carson curtain" behind the rookies looked kind of weird, LOL

Sick king james
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(12-01-2013, 03:19 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Sick king james
Thank you ... I like the swatch with the "holes" in it ... and glad it's a color, not just plain white, LOL