`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I can't take this any more. Done trading for a while.

RE: I can't take this any more. Done trading for a while.
(11-23-2013, 01:01 AM)buckunteer Wrote: I've had my fair share of recent issues as well. I had a package marked delivered to me at the end of July, but I never got it. Apparently at the end of the day the supervisor goes through and just marks the tracking numbers as delivered, assuming the "out for delivery" packages just didnt' get the last scan from the carrier. I didn't get the package until September.

Happened again last month and waited an extra week to get the supposedly delivered package (a 1/1 Pippen auto, mind you). And just today I checked on a package that had made it to my city already and it inexplicably got shipped to a different city in NC and then got marked as "undeliverable as addressed". No crap, you sent it 65 miles away for no reason.

Sorry for the issues man. I hope everything gets found/figured out somehow.
Thanks man. I guess in a weird way it makes me feel better that I'm not alone — not that I wish this BS on anyone else, you know what I mean?

I have been lucky and never had a problem with any of my shipments(so far) but it is something I worry about every time I send out a package to someone I have traded with.

I see how tracking helps keep up with your package and where it is in route, but if it gets lost and they cannot find it then what good is it?

How much extra insurance do you guys add to a package when you send it out? Do you add enough to cover the cost of the cards? And if it says your packaged was delivered on the tracking but it never made it to you then what? I mean if they screw up and deliver it to the wrong address and mark it as received then what would you be able to do?
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

The USPS has never been known for their efficiency....or competency. Sorry for the crap hand RJ.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RJ and the other's having issues with USPS, is it possible for you to use UPS in your area? I only ask as I've had no issues with UPS when ordering internationally from dacardworld. Well, there was one issue where the package was sent to southern california, but that was sorted out (at no cost to me) as soon as i notified my store rep at dacardworld. It just seems to me that USPS is lazy. There's one guy over on another board i frequent here in australia who ordered through dacardworld and selected USPS delivery only to find himself screwed around royally - by USPS. No daily pick-up, no updating on international tracking ... a lot of us on that board have told him - in the future, use ups. Hope everything get's sorted for you and if UPS is an option, by all means use it.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(11-23-2013, 07:33 AM)kevinr Wrote: I have been lucky and never had a problem with any of my shipments(so far) but it is something I worry about every time I send out a package to someone I have traded with.

I see how tracking helps keep up with your package and where it is in route, but if it gets lost and they cannot find it then what good is it?

How much extra insurance do you guys add to a package when you send it out? Do you add enough to cover the cost of the cards? And if it says your packaged was delivered on the tracking but it never made it to you then what? I mean if they screw up and deliver it to the wrong address and mark it as received then what would you be able to do?
That's the point ... nothing.

They deal with millions of pieces of mail, and each individual customer is a complete stranger/irrelevant to them.

And yeah, for bigger/high dollar trades, I use tracking, priority mail, insurance, the whole nine yards.

But damn, man, for a $10 card (the usual caliber of most of my trades), I have a hard time spending $3 as it is for the first class and "tracking" — especially when I know that for 46 cents and a PWE it will get there no problem!
(11-23-2013, 07:53 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: The USPS has never been known for their efficiency....or competency. Sorry for the crap hand RJ.
It's all good, brother man. I'll PM you on this subject.
(11-23-2013, 05:41 PM)taffster74 Wrote: RJ and the other's having issues with USPS, is it possible for you to use UPS in your area? I only ask as I've had no issues with UPS when ordering internationally from dacardworld. Well, there was one issue where the package was sent to southern california, but that was sorted out (at no cost to me) as soon as i notified my store rep at dacardworld. It just seems to me that USPS is lazy. There's one guy over on another board i frequent here in australia who ordered through dacardworld and selected USPS delivery only to find himself screwed around royally - by USPS. No daily pick-up, no updating on international tracking ... a lot of us on that board have told him - in the future, use ups. Hope everything get's sorted for you and if UPS is an option, by all means use it.
We do have a UPS store, right across the street from the PO ... and I went in there after the post office was closed to see if I could still send something out, and the guy was like, yeah, we can post mark it today, but it actually won't leave until tomorrow.

Thus defeating the purpose, especially because they cost quite a bit more.

But either way, I'm done, so it won't be an issue.