`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Message for members considering trading with johnddake

Message for members considering trading with johnddake
This is being posted as a warning to other members.

This was a message I posted to him after a possible trade with him as I found him to be rude and found his expectations hard to meet.

John,

1) The cards in your org should be marked NM-MT unless graded.
2) Most members don't appreciate one member clogging up the forum with multiple threads in a short amount of time as you have 11 different threads on the first 3 pages of the Forum.
3) Most established members expect that you send your end of the trade first when you are new until you establish yourself.
4) Warning to other members this member apparently wants trades done in less than 2 hours according to a trade I was working on with him. I was trying to work out a trade with him from 10:50am to 12:34pm (less than 2 hours) when I was told.

"This has went on too long. when you can make a quicker deal feel free to let me know"

And he cancelled the trade. I wasn't informed there was a time limit ahead of time, so I ended up wasting my time trying to work out a trade.

John, I know you are new to this site so you may not be aware of some of the unwritten rules like some of the established members are, but that doesn't give you an excuse to be rude to somebody who was just politely trying to work out a trade with you.

RE: Message for members considering trading with johnddake
fyi: it is against TOS to post pm's on the boards

Yes I know, I had to explain to him that he needs to add ALL his cards to his ORG. He told me ppl on this forum don;t have common sense bc had could always add more cards to the trade. I tried to explain to him rule #1:

1. First and most importantly, Beckett has a fantastic trading system and inventory tool called "Organize". IN ORDER TO TRADE OR SELL on Beckett.com, the cards you want to trade away must be loaded into your organize and marked appropriately for trade. Saying you will add them later after you make the trade IS NOT allowed

(11-21-2013, 03:39 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: fyi: it is against TOS to post pm's on the boards
Thanks for the heads up Jacoby I edited the post to exclude the trade notes!

(11-21-2013, 03:36 PM)bwolvie1122 Wrote: This is being posted as a warning to other members.

This was a message I posted to him after a possible trade with him as I found him to be rude and found his expectations hard to meet.

John,

2) Most members don't appreciate one member clogging up the forum with multiple threads in a short amount of time as you have 11 different threads on the first 3 pages of the Forum.
3) Most established members expect that you send your end of the trade first when you are new until you establish yourself.
4) Warning to other members this member apparently wants trades done in less than 2 hours according to a trade I was working on with him. I was trying to work out a trade with him from 10:50am to 12:34pm (less than 2 hours) when I was told.

"This has went on too long. when you can make a quicker deal feel free to let me know"

And he cancelled the trade. I wasn't informed there was a time limit ahead of time, so I ended up wasting my time trying to work out a trade.

John, I know you are new to this site so you may not be aware of some of the unwritten rules like some of the established members are, but that doesn't give you an excuse to be rude to somebody who was just politely trying to work out a trade with you.
I agree. I canceled a trade because he did not have anything i needed for my PC. He cursed and me and was rude. This kind of behavior should not be tolerated on here. I would avoid this member all together.

http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc39...reynolds1/

I will ship your cards in a bubble mailer. I expect the same in return.
Also, I travel for work and can ship on Saturdays only.

I have dealt with this certain member and IMO very rude, so I decided to just cancel the trade and not deal with them again.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

I can see Im not alone as far as having issues with this member. New members should be wary of "burning their bridges" with other members because word spreads fast and then you will end up with nobody to trade with. Being polite goes a long way and it worries me when new members aren't because it seems like they don't care how theyre perceived long term. Which means they may not be here very long which increases the odds of somebody ripping somebody off.

(11-21-2013, 04:29 PM)bwolvie1122 Wrote: I can see Im not alone as far as having issues with this member. New members should be wary of "burning their bridges" with other members because word spreads fast and then you will end up with nobody to trade with. Being polite goes a long way and it worries me when new members aren't because it seems like they don't care how theyre perceived long term. Which means they may not be here very long which increases the odds of somebody ripping somebody off.
Problem is the internet has made people very rude and feel they can say what they want. Cant wait til some of them meet me in person or try it when we are talking face to face [we all know face to face everyone is nice] and this has happened to me when I used to hit local LAN parties.

I love the term internet muscles!
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

Man, I love this site. The guy you are talking about is my very 1st customer on my ignore list. Thanks for the heads up.With my PTSD, I would probably go track him down if he talked to me like that.
(11-21-2013, 03:36 PM)bwolvie1122 Wrote: This is being posted as a warning to other members.

John,

Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

THANX FOR THE HEADS UP.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).