`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone please help me figure this out??

Someone please help me figure this out??
95-96 collectors choice international cards how do i tell them apart? There is french, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish,. Im collecting one player and dont know what i need because i do not know how to tell them apart . Please help

RE: Someone please help me figure this out??
I believe the language on the back is often the only way as they are usually numbered the same. Some of the languages may be somewhat tough to differentiate unless you're acquainted with them though. I know a lot of Spanish, at least enough to tell it apart from Italian and Portuguese, so if you have the cards in hand you could post scans and I can try to help!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

that's right, take a look at the fine print on the back bottom of the card. the big clue is the language of that fine print. everything else about the card is probably the same.

I don't know if there were australasian editions released in the latter years of collector's choice. If there were, the cards will look almost identical and the language will be harder to differentiate. I definitely know there was an Australasian Edition for 1994-95 CC - i actually picked up the Jalen rose Blue Print Gold signature as a freebie in a recent trade elsewhere.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

yep, language on the back, in some cases also the numbering

example:

1994-95 Collector's Choice #369 Geert Hammink
[Image: 3079972IPAb.JPG]

1995 Collector's Choice International German #369 Geert Hammink
[Image: 8111008b.jpg]

1995 Collector's Choice International French #369 Geert Hammink
[Image: 3087635b.jpg]

1995 Collector's Choice International Spanish #369 Geert Hammink
[Image: 8111442b.jpg]

You'll probably be able to recognize the Japanese version yourself

Ok...I dont' know where all my cheet sheet posts went...but I'll try to summerize:

(don't know about Australian version...please elaborate and photos to me please!!!)

1995 Series I: USA, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese
1995 Series II: USA, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Spanish (renumber), Portuguese, Japanese (renumber),

1996 Series I: USA, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Northern European (inserts only).
1996 SEries II: USA, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Northern European.

view the copywrite on the back of the card and compare language below.

French: Upper Deck et le combinasion carte/hologramme sont des marques de fabrique de The Upper Deck Company...Tous droits reserves. Imprime aux U.S.A.

German: Upper Deck und die Kombination Karte/Hologramm sind Warenzeichen von The Upper Deck Company...Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Gedruckt in den U.S.A.

Spanish: Upper Deck y la combinacion tarjeta/holograma son marca. Impreso en U.S.A.

Italian: Upper Deck e la combinazione card/ologramma sono marchi di fabbrica di The Upper Deck Company...Tutti i diritti risevati. Stampato in U.S.A.

Portuguese: Upper Deck e os cards/hologramas sao marcas registradas da The Upper Deck Company. Todos os direitos reservados. Impresso nos Estados Unidos da America.

Japanese: ...card should have Japanese characters on it…

"Northern European": English text! Only way to distinguish is for the card numbers in the inserts and Series II renumber!

Int'l versions of the 1995-96 Series II, started the numbering over with 1-210 again. So the N.E. versions look identical to the USA versions, except for the numbering. Series I for N.E. edition was indistinguishable from the USA versions, except for the inserts (extremes, Jordan Collection, etc).

(seems like I'm missing something...)
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Oddity, there was also a portuguese version for 1995-96 collector's choice as well as 1996-97 French, German, Italian, Japanese (inserts only) and spanish. This from the beckett annual.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

I knew I forgot somehing Wink
I was just going off of memory. I've been trying to work with the Beckett guys in getting these listed correctly and all sorted out. Some of them are wrong...some are right...
yes...
1997 UDCC (Series I only), French, Spanish, German, Italian for base/inserts.
1997 UDCC Japanese, Jordan Journals and Crash the Game only...BUT...both series I/II Silver/Gold!, and MJ1-9 allstar panel cards. (no JP stickums or mini's or base).
1998 UD Japanese Jordan Greater Heights, Coast-to-coast CC1-CC3 (hardaway-Kemp-Jordan).

So many differenet things to find! lol.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/