`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Redemption wave coming

Redemption wave coming
I just noticed that my 2013 Chasing History James Shield redemption has been marked as shipped! Therefore, if Topps is consistent, that means within the next week or three, a wave of redemptions are being mailed out of their facility.
Just giving y'all a heads up!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Redemption wave coming
I've been getting them leaked out a redemption at a time. Like 2-3 weeks in between

(11-07-2013, 09:14 AM)treswatson Wrote: I've been getting them leaked out a redemption at a time. Like 2-3 weeks in between
Interesting ... In the past they usually sent them out in one huge wave at a time.
I guess we'll see. Maybe they did a total overhaul of customer service and fulfillment services? Time will tell! Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That was a redemption? You're talking the auto from Series 2? I got mine live when it came out, they must not have had enough stickers.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I think Topps might have overhauled their CS department given all of the BBB complaints they received. I made a call last week to inquire about a redemption and/or the replacement I requested several months ago but never received. I was on hold for less than a minute before a live person picked up, That same day others were reporting hold times of less than 20 minutes. That might not seem like much, but for Topps 20 minutes is nothing.

Perhaps they took all of the complaints to heart and are working on CS response time and getting items sent out in a timely manner.
Kepler

(11-07-2013, 12:10 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I think Topps might have overhauled their CS department given all of the BBB complaints they received. I made a call last week to inquire about a redemption and/or the replacement I requested several months ago but never received. I was on hold for less than a minute before a live person picked up, That same day others were reporting hold times of less than 20 minutes. That might not seem like much, but for Topps 20 minutes is nothing.

Perhaps they took all of the complaints to heart and are working on CS response time and getting items sent out in a timely manner.
Maybe they'll change their on hold music, next! Smile

(11-07-2013, 06:20 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Maybe they'll change their on hold music, next! Smile
I could go with no music and just have David Wright read me fairy tales. His voice is so soothing.
Kepler

(11-07-2013, 11:45 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I could go with no music and just have David Wright read me fairy tales. His voice is so soothing.
LOL

BTW: Got the Big Game James card yesterday. I guess one of the changes made by topps is that their packaging is improved. Cutting down on damaged cards being sent from Duryea must be part of their CS revamp. The way it was packed, I was almost expecting a better, upgraded card, or one of my other more valuable redemptions ... But it wasn't Smile
So, I've 8 more redemptions to go.
[Image: null_zpsaa747531.jpg]

(11-08-2013, 10:18 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: LOL

BTW: Got the Big Game James card yesterday. I guess one of the changes made by topps is that their packaging is improved. Cutting down on damaged cards being sent from Duryea must be part of their CS revamp. The way it was packed, I was almost expecting a better, upgraded card, or one of my other more valuable redemptions ... But it wasn't Smile
So, I've 8 more redemptions to go.

Did they send it with a huge stack of white cardstock?
Thats how they sent my replacement for a missed hit

(11-08-2013, 10:33 AM)rentzington Wrote: Did they send it with a huge stack of white cardstock?
Thats how they sent my replacement for a missed hit
This was wrapped in way too much bubble wrap in a hard, white shipping envelope.
Not their usual bubble mailer. This was a thicker package than I would have expected, therefore, initiating my mind wondering what else might have been shipped.