`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Collection of BB Cards

Large Collection of BB Cards
I had a very large collection of Baseball/Hockey and Football cards handed down to me. I am not a collector. I have been doing ebay, but selling over 100k+ cards online would be a full time job.

I wanted to get suggestions on the best way to sell everything at once? Auction house? Baseball card show?

It will take me another 3-4 months to enter everything into beckett before I can even grasp what I have.

RE: Large Collection of BB Cards
I have never sold on e-bay what I might do is try to sell the whole collection at one time or break it down in player or team collections and sell them that way. No clue what you have but if they are 1979 and back and all stars and hall of famers I would try to sell them individually
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

The best way to sell them really depends on what you have. It also depends on whether you want to just sell everything and let someone else maximize the resale potential, or whether you want to take the time to sell each card.
If you have cards from the 1980s and 1990s then it would be best to sell in a lot. If you have older vintage cards from the 1950s and 1960s then it would be worth sorting them out. Also if you have some autographs or newer rare cards then it could be worth selling them individually.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

It looks to be more modern. Looks like almost every set of every type of Upperdeck, Topps, SP, SP Authentic, SPX, Chrome, Heritage, Fleer and so on. 1998 to 2010 is what it mostly looks like. Lots of signed cards, relics and the higher quality cards. I will just enter them into beckett for the next few months and go from there. Thanks.

Glad to hear they are not 100k of '90 donruss and the likes which happens a lot. There's a shot at some good money in what you described.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I wish I had your problem of having to sort through all of that stuff. :-p I'd have so much fun. =)
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

If you have Piazza I'd gladly buy them as a lot from you.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile