`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
My epic fail on my Cespedes Holy Grail... (long, true crappy story)

RE: My epic fail on my Cespedes Holy Grail... (long, true crappy story)
Offer him $50 for the 9 that he got at $14, guaranteed done deal.

That way he almost quadruples his cost, and you get one for $20 less than you thought you might have to pay for one.

(11-06-2013, 01:32 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Offer him $50 for the 9 that he got at $14, guaranteed done deal.

That way he almost quadruples his cost, and you get one for $20 less than you thought you might have to pay for one.
That would be awesome.

The seller really didn't do themselves any favors by making all 3 end simultaneously. Cost himself at least $100 by not staggering them at least a couple of minutes a part. Dude has a crazy inventory so I doubt he's sweating it too much though
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(11-06-2013, 12:06 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: You know what's funny ... I took my daughter to the park this morning, and she was "fishing" off the bridge on the play structure.

I was the fish down on the ground, obviously ... and kept telling her I was a ... Trout.

Daydreaming about that Chrome jersey, I guess!
You could have been a marlin, since they are much easier to catch. Wink
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

From the looks of it he sniped them all for probably well over $70, so even if you would have bid max 70 for all of them he still would have won (you would have just made him pay more).

Yeah... You're probably right... If they were staggered a bit and I lost them one by one, I'm sure I would have tested the waters for $100+ by the last one...
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

Update: contacted seller a while back, but no response.

One popped up on the bay recently, and sure enough it was the buyer who got all 3. He has the bgs 9.5 up for 495 OBO. Sent a message knowing what he got it for, and offered him double what he paid... No dice. Can't blame him lol. Got them for a steal!
Edit: I offered him 5 times what he paid for the 9

(03-30-2014, 11:48 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Update: contacted seller a while back, but no response.

One popped up on the bay recently, and sure enough it was the buyer who got all 3. He has the bgs 9.5 up for 495 OBO. Sent a message knowing what he got it for, and offered him double what he paid... No dice. Can't blame him lol. Got them for a steal!
That guy = doosh

I mean, come on. I understand flipping for cash and what not, but if it were me, I'd float you one, especially if I make double what I paid for it.

Anyway, good luck on your search, man.

Sorry for you luck at least you’re not looking for a card that there were only 30 made and for me to get it I will have to give $10,000.00 or more and that’s the last card I need for Derek Jeter's 1992-1996 collection.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Sorry to hear that. However, maybe the best patch of the production run is still waiting for you out there at an amazing price.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Thanks all... I messaged him on eBay and was just curious as to where he set his minimum bid markers to see if I barely missed in my $75 bid. He replied "I don't remember, but at least at $300". My best bet he is lying about that, or he was the initial consigner with probstein123 and panicked when the auctions tanked.

Oh well. Still a lot of awesome cespedes cards I need in the $75 and under range!
(03-31-2014, 02:08 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Sorry for you luck at least you’re not looking for a card that there were only 30 made and for me to get it I will have to give $10,000.00 or more and that’s the last card I need for Derek Jeter's 1992-1996 collection.
What card is it? It's a VERY long shot obviously, but my aunt and uncle owned a card store in great falls, Montana from 93-99. They had a bunch of jeter stuff they set aside for their daughter's PC that included 700+ cards and some nice rare stuff. Worth a shot in the dark! They used to break open a ton of high end product back in the day. I'm assuming at that price it's auto'd?