`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tried the COMC.com mailbox service yet?

Anyone tried the COMC.com mailbox service yet?
I am currently in Brazil and I have been thinking a lot about utilizing the COMC.com mailbox service as a place to send the cards I purchase on eBay, either for my personal collection or resell.

Has anyone tried this? If you have, what did you think of it? Was it efficient? Any reason I should reconsider?

RE: Anyone tried the COMC.com mailbox service yet?
Tray, I've heard of others using it for that purpose and they've said it saves them tons of money on shipping fees.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(11-05-2013, 04:17 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Tray, I've heard of others using it for that purpose and they've said it saves them tons of money on shipping fees.
Thanks. There are a couple Griffey cards on eBay I am considering, but most people don't ship to Brazil (and I can't blame them) because the postal service here sucks, and import taxes are outrageous. Having them mailed to COMC and scanned sounds like a great way to store them until I get back to the States. My biggest concern is, what I will do if someone in the eBay community screws me and I get the run around as to whose at fault? i.e. damaged cards, cards that never arrive, etc.

I also get an itch to resell cards from time to time. If anyone has personal experience with this service I would love to hear your feedback!

Hey, I'm currently using it for a slightly different purpose, but I'd definitely recommend it, it will save you a ton of money if you're gonna come home and get your cards sent to you in the States. As for damaged cards, comc notified me that one card was damaged when it got to them (the seller had marked it as slightly damaged so that was fine) but that shows you they will tell you if something is wrong with a card you receive, and then you can sort it out with the seller. Their customer service is really good as well, I didn't mark the mailbox address properly at first but they sorted it out no problems. I'd say go for it!
[Image: Bloomfield%2BRoad%2BPanoramic%2B2-1.jpg]

(11-06-2013, 10:58 AM)lynchy19 Wrote: Hey, I'm currently using it for a slightly different purpose, but I'd definitely recommend it, it will save you a ton of money if you're gonna come home and get your cards sent to you in the States. As for damaged cards, comc notified me that one card was damaged when it got to them (the seller had marked it as slightly damaged so that was fine) but that shows you they will tell you if something is wrong with a card you receive, and then you can sort it out with the seller. Their customer service is really good as well, I didn't mark the mailbox address properly at first but they sorted it out no problems. I'd say go for it!
Thanks! This gives me a bit more confidence in the service. I'm probably going to give it a shot.

Hi, Moe from COMC here...I just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. The Mailbox is a great way to receive cards from third-party sources that don't (or won't) ship outside the continental US. Thanks for giving us a try and if you have any questions, please feel free to drop us an email at staff@comc.com. Thanks!

--Moe
Social Media Manager for COMC.