IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Subscribing Members Read Here

Non-Subscribing Members Read Here
Good day, Beckett Community!

***EDIT***

I have been giving out a LOT of warnings as of late, and they seem to be to members who have been around a lot longer than I have. I do not understand what the issue is and why these members willingly violate the Terms Of Service that they agreed to when signing up for the site, but I can tell you that it will not be tolerated or overlooked to the extent that it was when there was no sole Hockey Moderator on board. These infractions come in the form of asking for trades without anything in the Organize, selling cards on the boards without them being in the Organize, and bypassing the Trade Tool all together.

The Organize now allows you to have 2,000 cards in there either For Trade or For Sale, Wants, or just your PC items, so use it. There is no charge for trading through the Trade Tool, and I can guarantee that it will garner you more respect and trust from the other members on the boards. It will also stave off the moderating that I would have to do to your profile and threads. From now on the actions will be as follows and dictated by the Terms Of Service:

1st offence: locked and edited thread plus written notification on your profile.

2nd offence: 20% warning level with locked and edited threads. Removal of Photobucket link from your Signature.

3rd offence: 50% raise in warning level, moderated posts, and further written notification on your profile.

4th offence: 100% warning level which means that you cannot post on the Forums for two days, and recommendation for suspension to the Moderating and Admin Teams.

Any offence after return from suspension will result in a ban for a period agreed upon by the Moderation and Admin Teams.

I have been having to moderate the boards a bit more than previously over the past few weeks, as it seems like there has been some signals crossed. I know that the slack for trading has been a bit rampant in my absence, as there are a lot of members that I have to remind to use the Organize for trading. Since the Organize Subscription feature has been implemented there have been a lot more members not using what they were able to before, and it makes things tough on us all. I don't like having to reprimand anyone in this wonderful community, but it is the aspect of this site that I chose to take on. I hope that I am contributing with a decent candor.

I know that there was a load of grief over the "First 100 Cards Free" debacle in the Organize. It made it extremely hard to even place a handful of your Wants into your Org. without causing a lockout (BETTMAN!!!). Well, my friends, this debacle has seen its end! Because of the recent influx of people asking for it, and the amount of people that are unaware, I am letting you all know that the Beckett Admin Staff decided to do us all a favor and raise the cap for the Org. to 2,000 cards! Nice!

This is by no means the free Org. that we all enjoyed a little while ago, but it does bring a lot of members back into the swing of things. If you had previously been locked out of your Org. and did not have more than 2,000 cards in there, you are no longer locked out. If you are locked out and DID have more than 2,000 cards in there, just pay for a month's subscription and remove a load of what you had. I would personally suggest keeping your PC items and sets out of the Org. unless you are paying, and also keep the tally at 1,500 or less. This will give you the wiggle room to make trades and not get locked out due to an accidental mind slip of not emptying the Trash or Recently Traded folders. Keep your traders (well... the better ones) and wants in your Org. and delete them as you trade away.

If you need a hand with setting up your Org. or adding/removing cards, please do not hesitate to drop a line in this thread. I can answer most of your questions, and I know that there are a plethora of other amazing members that would be more than happy to lend a hand. Best wishes, Beckett Community! Let's get these trade ROLLING!

I can tell you now that I despise that I have to write this thread out in the manner that I updated it. You all know that I really enjoy this Community and can't say enough good things about the brilliant members that inhabit these boards on a regular basis. It is just the few that feel that they are owed something that are making it difficult for the site to be run the way that it is. I implore you all to follow the Terms Of Service that you all agreed upon when signing up so that none of the actions posted above have to be taken. Best wishes to you all, and I sincerely hope to see some resolve to these issues. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

Randi

RE: Organizing Relations
Awsome Dude! I personally know a few traders that this will help. Thanks Randi and Beckett!!

This sounds awesome Randi. Maybe this will bring back some more traders so that we all can keep trading.
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

I am hoping for the same results, guys. It would be good to see the boards back to the way they were just a couple of years ago. Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

RE: Non-Subscribing Members Read Here
Please read the edits and inclusions.

Randi

It's a shame you have to keep posting this Randi but in my opinion you are still being way too lenient. Telling someone ONCE should be enough. Anyone who breaks these rules after being explicitly told about them is IGNORING YOU, and wasting your time.

I agree with Greg, start handing out match penalties for second infractions. To have members flaunt the rules repeatedly is just disrespectful.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

Thanks for the support Greg and John. I wish it was that easy. There is a lot of members who are making the infractions that I have listed above, and pretty well all are very new, or extremely seasoned members. I don't want to have the new members leaving, costing us new trading friends, so I give them the chances. The older members that "know better" also know the Admin Team and interpret the sudden influx or TOS upholding as a personal attack. Neither of these situations spell anything good, and I am just trying to keep the peace. I do not want anyone leaving the site at all, and am just hoping that I can convince everyone that the Organize is not evil at all. Haha! Best wishes!

Randi

I agree the organize is not evil and if people would take the time to use it, they would get a lot more trading done.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(11-11-2013, 11:28 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: I agree the organize is not evil and if people would take the time to use it, they would get a lot more trading done.
Haha! I can't wait to see more action on the boards, and I hope that the increase in Org. usage brings more in. Please use the Org. folks, or I will have to start taking actions that I don't want to.

Randi