Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome Update ... not too bad

Chrome Update ... not too bad
Picked up 2 just to see what's what.
I guess it turned out ok. Here's the best of the bunch.

[Image: null_zps4ecba0f2.jpg]

I was excited that I got a gold refractor, but it's /250. Isn't that different than in the regular Topps Chrome release?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Chrome Update ... not too bad
Are you still interested in the Dent auto? If so, I do not see anything in your org to choose from? LMK either way. Thanks

Interested in the gattis if FT.

Nicely done sir!

Very nice DrM! Probably got 3 of the best base in the set (Trout, Harper, Puig). What, no Yanks? or did you use all your mojo last week? Thanks for sharing...gotta resist!!!!!!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Would like a shot at the Wheeler
[Image: 3iOMt.png]
Collect all type of Mets cards from modern era along with Hamilton, Braun, Fielder,Lincecum, Mauer, H Ramirez, and other current MLB stars
http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af20...WGrizwold/

(10-28-2013, 03:08 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I was excited that I got a gold refractor, but it's /250. Isn't that different than in the regular Topps Chrome release?
Yes, the regular chrome release they are /50. But in the Update there is only gold and black refractors I believe. Not 6 or 7 different refractors --- whatever it is in the regular chrome

(10-28-2013, 09:45 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Yes, the regular chrome release they are /50. But in the Update there is only gold and black refractors I believe. Not 6 or 7 different refractors --- whatever it is in the regular chrome
Ok! Yeah, I thought something was different. Thanks for the conformation, I thought I was going crazy or something!
(10-28-2013, 06:05 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Very nice DrM! Probably got 3 of the best base in the set (Trout, Harper, Puig). What, no Yanks? or did you use all your mojo last week? Thanks for sharing...gotta resist!!!!!!
Thanks, Joe ... and yeah, I might have blown all my Yankee Mojo on those last 2 boxes Smile
I didn't get one Yankee card. But if there are only 50+ chrome update cards, the 2 or 3 Yankees that made the regular update series might have been overlooked in the making of Chrome Update ... I guess there's a checklist somewhere? I didn't get any Phillies for you, either. Sad ...but If I pull a few for you, you can easily resist!
As good as the Chrome Update was to me, the other, regular updates were more than mediocre ... And as you can probably agree, we probably don't need any more base for Toops update. (Did you sit down and make a set ... I didn't have time, yet)
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-29-2013, 05:41 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: As good as the Chrome Update was to me, the other, regular updates were more than mediocre ... And as you can probably agree, we probably don't need any more base for Toops update.

Thats one reason I've only bought two of these boxes, I just don't need any more cruddy topps update packs

(10-29-2013, 05:58 AM)rentzington Wrote: Thats one reason I've only bought two of these boxes, I just don't need any more cruddy topps update packs
I agree, but I was weak ....just bought 3 more
Think I'll be giving out some cards for Halloween ... Smile