`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS or PSA

BGS or PSA
Which grading service do you guys prefer BGS or PSA and why.

RE: BGS or PSA
Psa.....way better resale......period
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Depends on the card being graded.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Seems like this questions gets asked a lot

for me, it's about protection, not resale. bgs cases are a ton better, more sturdy, come with subgrades, look better. psa holders tend to have the card move, which can damage the card. also, psa cases are easier to break into and reseal, and put a lesser card into

resale for psa cards is better in some cases, but not all. and a bgs 10 will trump a psa 10 every time

(10-28-2013, 04:31 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: for me, it's about protection, not resale. bgs cases are a ton better, more sturdy, come with subgrades, look better. psa holders tend to have the card move, which can damage the card. also, psa cases are easier to break into and reseal, and put a lesser card into

resale for psa cards is better in some cases, but not all. and a bgs 10 will trump a psa 10 every time
+1

BGS/BVG gets my vote. I use them exclusively!! I even cross over PSA 10's to BGS/BVG.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

since this is a beckett site, i'll go with BGS. A BGS 10 does tend to sell better than a PSA 10. technically, a PSA 10 is really supposed to be be comparable to a BGS 9.5 and a BGS 10 is in a class by itself, so of course it will sell for more, but to me a 10 should be a 10...both should really be considered Gem Mint no matter what...but then you gotta pile on a Pristine grade? But no matter, as a seller, I'd rather have a BGS on the post 1990 cards and a PSA on pre 1990.

(10-28-2013, 10:08 PM)kstjst Wrote: since this is a beckett site, i'll go with BGS. A BGS 10 does tend to sell better than a PSA 10. technically, a PSA 10 is really supposed to be be comparable to a BGS 9.5 and a BGS 10 is in a class by itself, so of course it will sell for more, but to me a 10 should be a 10...both should really be considered Gem Mint no matter what...but then you gotta pile on a Pristine grade? But no matter, as a seller, I'd rather have a BGS on the post 1990 cards and a PSA on pre 1990.
+1
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

There is no right or wrong answer, however there are three clear periods where SGC, PSA and BGS succeed.

SGC - Pre-war
PSA - The Topps/Bowman years before 2000
BGS - Chrome years

That said, there are a ton of PSA set collectors, registry collectors, etc. so it's not uncommon to find a modern rookie sell for more in a PSA 10 slab rather than a BGS 9.5 slab.

For example, 2011 Bowman Chrome Mike Trout Refractor - sold October 20th in PSA 10 and BGS 9.5 (with a 10 sub) - PSA 10 sold for $63.25, BGS 9.5 sold for $51.01.

Modern cards with a smaller graded population report at PSA do better in general.

(10-28-2013, 04:31 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: for me, it's about protection, not resale. bgs cases are a ton better, more sturdy, come with subgrades, look better. psa holders tend to have the card move, which can damage the card. also, psa cases are easier to break into and reseal, and put a lesser card into

+1000 PSA holders dont hold the card in place, it moves around inside!!! I still have some PSA's but i prefer BGS/BVG
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s