Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which set to build?
Question 
Which set to build?
Hey guys! Im I'm about building a set. What do you guys think a good one to build would be?

RE: Which set to build?
(10-28-2013, 02:28 PM)hockeycards402 Wrote: Hey guys! Im I'm about building a set. What do you guys think a good one to build would be?
Upper Deck series 1 coming out next week.

Open a few different brands and see which set design you like the most. And maybe pick one that alot of traders are collecting so you can have an easier time trading for your set needs. Its seem like prizm is popular and UD are always hugely popular. Good luck!!

How big of a challenge are you looking for? Looking for big sets with relatively inexpensive cards? Go for Score or OPC - doing the parallel sets is a bigger challenge. Prizm and UD are a step up, smaller sets that are a tiny bit more expensive. Prizm has lots of parallels, in bold colors, collecting these parallel sets will be a pretty big challenge. One that I did 2 years ago, that I'll probably do again is ITG Enforcers - really small base set but only 5 base cards per box. And Artifacts is always popular.
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

I'm a big Artifacts guy
[Image: temp_zps476251d0.png]
05-06 UD Ice Rookies: 137/168

I love O Pee Chee, and for the price of a box you get a boat load of cards to sort through and organize.

I do Upper Deck every year
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

If you're just doing a base set 2012/13 Prime is popular. Nice card design, serial #/249, and 100 total cards in the base set.

(10-29-2013, 03:34 PM)androsfl Wrote: If you're just doing a base set 2012/13 Prime is popular. Nice card design, serial #/249, and 100 total cards in the base set.
Something like that is a bit too expensive to build a whole set out of for me. I might go for O-Pee-Chee ,Prizm or UD. Hard to choose!