`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My open letter to Scott at SBay + unfair eBay fees

My open letter to Scott at SBay + unfair eBay fees
The last 2 "Super Box" boxes weren't super at all. I still feel as if I was ripped off and the product that I received was NOT refined, not top quality high end cards, but merely junk that you couldn't sell in your actual store, so you pawned it off in your 'high end' 'not-so-SuperBox'
I got 4 junk cards for $130 ... Really nice. Now you're raising your box price .. Even better!

BTW: I know of the guy you bought the Puig refractor from, it's not nearly worth $25,000 like you stated! Where did you come up with that figure? That's a very deceptive business practice and false advertising, IMO. In some States you're probably breaking some interstate federal commerce and gambling laws! I'd watch my behind if I were you, you might just piss off the wrong collector! i.e. disgruntled lawyer with some free time!

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
----------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, Oct 23, 2013 10:22 AM
The Super Box on ESPN.Com
New Rookie and Phenom Super box

We are proud to announce that as we start our
16th year of producing The Super Box®

One of you, somewhere in the world,
will hit this Yasiel Puig Rookie Card in
The Rookies and Phenoms Super Box®

This product has been refined to
1-5 quality Cards/collectibles per box.

Find Super Box original Art Sketch cards by Super Artist Jay Pangan III
in black & white, Color, Graded and Autographed!

And yes, one of you will hit the
Yasiel Puig 1/1 SuperFractor Pictured.
The Grand Daddy of them all.
This could be the most exciting modern card
of our Generation.

Single Boxes $175.00 a box dlvd in the USA
5 Box case with Case hit
$875.00 dlvd in the USA
This product goes live on October 31st
---------------------------------------------
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My open letter to Scott at SBay
This guy keeps going, and with the new ebay changes, im being forced into ebay semi-retirement

life aint fair, i tells ya

(10-25-2013, 09:53 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: This guy keeps going, and with the new ebay changes, im being forced into ebay semi-retirement

life aint fair, i tells ya
Agreed! Not sure how or why wholesalers are carrying, promoting or selling these repackaged rip offs.
Don't know if you read part of the email blast I included, but now he's got some artist doing 1/1 sketch cards for him that will also be included as a great, upscale, exclusive product found in his Not-So-SuperBox! Wow! 1/1 exclusives ... Ooooh, aaaaaah!
Not so familiar with the eBay changes you're talking about Josh, but it would be a crying shame if you had to close up shop. Probably one of the most fair card dealers around!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-25-2013, 12:25 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Agreed! Not sure how or why wholesalers are carrying, promoting or selling these repackaged rip offs.
Don't know if you read part of the email blast I included, but now he's got some artist doing 1/1 sketch cards for him that will also be included as a great, upscale, exclusive product found in his Not-So-SuperBox! Wow! 1/1 exclusives ... Ooooh, aaaaaah!
Not so familiar with the eBay changes you're talking about Josh, but it would be a crying shame if you had to close up shop. Probably one of the most fair card dealers around!
Jay Pangan is pretty darn good (aint no Chris Speakman, the guy behind www.sportspropaganda.com. topps actually made an insert set designed by chris. he's not that far from me, and has donated some of his prints to my charity in the past. like this one:

The problem is this: those 1/1 sketch cards have little actual value, dont sell well on the secondary market. and it costs sbay very little to include them (it's basically free advertising for jay)

the price point of 175: how many boxes are going to be for sale. id say at least 1000 (the puig sold for what....10k? 20k? im guessing 1000 boxes would be about right

the fact is, the average value of each box will be about 400 dollars. maybe. there will be the 1 big box. there will be 5-10 boxes with a value of around 1500-2000. the vast majority of the boxes will be worth 400-500 dollars. maybe. might be much lower. much much lower, especially if you get a sketch card

and i might be being way to optimistic

-------------------------------------------------------------

as for me: im probably going to only be doing business with folks i have already done business with, or word of mouth. and in december, im going from 7x's your bid to 6x's your bid on ebay. still will give folks 7x's their bid off ebay through paypal and ill give folks 8x's their bid if they pay by check or money order (ill probably increase the minimum value per card and average per card to compensate for it)

but ebay is intent on crippling small sellers like myself. ive rolled with all the changes over the years, the increased fees (when i first started, they used to take 4% of my sales. now they take 12%, not including paypal fees), the feedback changes, the communication changes. they have made it harder and harder and harder to sell, theyve allowed big box folks to swamp ebay with listings that make it hard to find anything unless you are looking for something specific. they give me 100,000 free listing over a 3 day period, im lucky to get up 500 auctions. big box guys can put 100,000 up in a day

and there have been a bunch of other changes that have really hindered my ability to get new business. at this point, it aint worth it anymore

12%? Good god
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(10-25-2013, 02:15 PM)petillo64 Wrote: 12%? Good god
thats just ending fees, not listing fees. though i only pay about 6 dollars a month in listing fees, with all the free listing they give me

but yep: for every dollar i sell - and for every dollar i charge for shipping: ebay takes 12 cents

What are the Paypal fees? Im sure I can find them somewhere, but I know they do a good job of tucking them away.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

Who is this Scott fellow?

Yes, 12%. You can't buy lots and sell individually to flip anymore. If you buy a lot for $900 and sell each indiviudally for $1000 you still easily lose money. That is ridiculous.
(10-25-2013, 02:31 PM)petillo64 Wrote: What are the Paypal fees? Im sure I can find them somewhere, but I know they do a good job of tucking them away.
It's something like 3% plus $.30 per transactions. So lets say you sell an auto on the bay for $100 w/ free shipping. Assuming you get a free listing, feebay takes $12, paypal take 3.30, and it costs you $2.50 to ship it with supplies and all. All of the sudden you didn't sell it for $100, you sold it for $82.20.

I've sold some things on the bay recently and knew they were taking a good chunk, but looking at the actual #'s is depressing.

(10-25-2013, 02:50 PM)petillo64 Wrote: I've sold some things on the bay recently and knew they were taking a good chunk, but looking at the actual #'s is depressing.
You don't notice it at first either because they tuck it into an account that builds up. Then monthly they take your fees from your paypal account. So it looks like you are building a nice paypal balance, then you realize you owe eBay $50.