`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Super Collectors Problems

RE: Super Collectors Problems
Think of it this way .... unless ita a PSA 10 or a BGS 10/10.... then every cards is damaged..... soooo
even a 9.5/10 is damaged to the point where it needed .5 taken from the overall grade. so anyone against damaged 1/1's should have a collection that is pristine 10's all around

hehe

a 1/1 of damaged is still a 1/1 Smile ..... I challenge you to find a better condition one of the same card !

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(10-28-2013, 04:53 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Think of it this way .... unless ita a PSA 10 or a BGS 10/10.... then every cards is damaged..... soooo
even a 9.5/10 is damaged to the point where it needed .5 taken from the overall grade. so anyone against damaged 1/1's should have a collection that is pristine 10's all around

hehe

a 1/1 of damaged is still a 1/1 Smile ..... I challenge you to find a better condition one of the same card !
good point. I agree.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

But another question is how far do you reach for the /1? I know what I have spent on /1, superfractors, plates, etc. do you still spend as much?

I am like CGod26. I have an excel spread sheet with every Harry Douglas card listed. If I don't get that 1/1 that is damaged, my checklist would be imcomplete. Now, I would do as the author of this post did, contact the seller to try to make a deal on the card otherwise, I want the card. It's not about not having pride for my collection, it is all about collecting. I don't collect for value, I collect because I like the player or team (Ravens and Falcons) and I want nearly every card that I can get my hands on for them.

If it is a scratch or just a ding, I am fine with it, but if the card was folded in half, it has major scratches or smudged ink, I mean something that really takes away from the original look of the card, I would really have to consider not getting it. Again, we are talking about a 1/1, so I would really want it though.

[quote='cgod26' pid='2372315' dateline='1382921864']
Well, I'm probably in the minority on this one but I would perfer to own a damaged 1/1 than not have it at all. I'm a super collector myself. I know it sucks if the card is damaged but a damaged card is better than never owning it at all IMO. People collect the printing plates that are certified 1/1's and those things look like a meat grinder got ahold of them. The real dilema is asking if you want to overpay for a damaged card to add that .10 percent to your overall collection or not. Once someone else gets it, odds are you will never get another chance to get it again unless that buyer relists it in the future.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]