`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about 1999 Upper Deck Griffey Jr buyback auto

Question about 1999 Upper Deck Griffey Jr buyback auto
So I got the pleasure of seeing one if these today and it was number 13 or 14 I believe. The card was signed in black ink. Every one I have seen online was signed in blue, he told me that something like the first 20 of them that he signed were black. Has anyone else ever heard of this? I should have taken a picture of it, was quite a beaut. This is the card I'm talking about-

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1999/upp...00-4329927
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

RE: Question about 1999 Upper Deck Griffey Jr buyback auto
That is an amazing card. Not sure on that specific Griffey, but I bought a Biggio SP buyback auto from 2000. Looked it up online afterwards and I believe there is supposed to be a certificate of authenticity and matching #'d holograms with each.

I do remember when looking up the Biggio, that they mentioned this Griffey and a Tiger Woods card I believe as being the two that are notorious for counterfeiting and have specific examples of counterfeits and what to look for with the CofA. I don't think I need to worry about my $25 BV Biggio being counterfeit lol.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Question about 1999 Upper Deck Griffey Jr buyback auto
This Jr. had a certificate with it and the extra hologram on the back. It was definitely real, it was the black ink that was different to me. He said he has seen two sell for over 4 grand...
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]