`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading cards at baseball card shows

Trading cards at baseball card shows
Hey guys. Just had a quick question. I'm attending a baseball card show in a couple weeks for the first time in probably 10 years, and my first time as an adult. I'm not sure about the etiquette at trading card shows. Is it an accepted practice to bring in some of your own cards to offer trades with the dealers, or is it frowned upon? Do many people do this? If so, what would be the best way to carry the cards around? I don't want people to think I swiped them from a dealer's table

RE: Trading cards at baseball card shows
I carry mine in little back pack, the cards I want to sell/trade. All are protected very well and I just ask the dealers if they are buying or trading (some will ask you as you are walking around). Just remember that regardless of the card, you are not going to get the "retail" price if selling. So set a firm price/trade value in your head and go from

I guess it comes down to....do you have a card/s that the dealer can move quickly. Remember, they are trying to make money and will for the most part not have the personal attachment to your cards that you do (worth of the card).

Good luck but mostly, have fun!!!!!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Pretty damn good advice

(10-09-2013, 07:14 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I carry mine in little back pack, the cards I want to sell/trade. All are protected very well and I just ask the dealers if they are buying or trading (some will ask you as you are walking around). Just remember that regardless of the card, you are not going to get the "retail" price if selling. So set a firm price/trade value in your head and go from

I guess it comes down to....do you have a card/s that the dealer can move quickly. Remember, they are trying to make money and will for the most part not have the personal attachment to your cards that you do (worth of the card).

Good luck but mostly, have fun!!!!!
Thanks for the advice Joe. I'll keep that in mind

Some dealers are more likely to than others. As for selling unless you need cash your better off doing it elsewhere most dealers won't give much $ . If you see something you like than def offer a trade.
And one other thing some are nicer than others so don't let a grumpy one ruin your fun. Good Luck
[Image: OKimtze.png]

Thanks for the words of wisdom PhilliesJoe, will remember next time I make it to a show
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]