`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Max Kepler PC - newbies from June at #196

RE: Max Kepler PC - updates at 124 in honor of torching the Yankees
(06-22-2016, 12:00 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Funny, I actually found myself quietly rooting for him last night against the Phils.
Man, the 11 runs they scored was more than the past 2 weeks combined.......they are just plain and utterly terrible! (though Franco (an individual PC of mine) really ripped one)

DrM.....everyone wanted Mickey???? Must be the name as I just don't see it.
I was shocked by that final score. I had a movie screening last night that got over around 10. First I was astonished that the game was still going and then I couldn't believe how many runs were scored on both sides.

I mean, crappy pitching is usually evened out by equally crappy hitting. lol

Max is a hard guy not to cheer for. Every interview I've heard with him since he got called up has been really good. Well spoken, zero hint of an accent, calls the interviewers sir or ma'am, lots of thank-yous ... just seems like a legitimately good kid.
Kepler

I've got one guy sniping me on some of my needs and driving the prices up on the other ... I like that Max is succeeding, but I"m pretty unhappy about the newfound competition.
Kepler

A few more pieces came in this week. I've lost out on a couple that I need and one that would've been nice to add. Either my newly-minted arch enemy is on Ebay 24 hours a day or he's using a program to snipe me. It's getting old quick. But I digress.

Panini Father's Day: 2 of the Cracked Ice /25 and one of the base. Couldn't resist the 4-color patch and had to pick up the second one.
[Image: 20160625_003135_zpsyhmazyqy.jpg]

Gold /2016, Pink /50, Vintage Stock /99, Rainbow Foil
[Image: 20160625_003209_zpsjgoldrr0.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Max Kepler PC - June 25th updates at #135
Only one new addition showed up this weekend, but I'm pretty happy with it:

[Image: 20160625_214654_zpsf0qn53xs.jpg]

Looks even cooler from the back:
[Image: 20160625_214817_zpskj4glt9e.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Max Kepler PC - Newest addition at #136 (June 26th update)
Awesome Kepler stuff, Jared! The best thing the Twins could do is leave him in RF for the rest of the year. The game seems to have slowed down for him a lot and he's getting some great swings on the ball. That HR yesterday in the Bronx was a thing of beauty...I hope he's our RF for the next 10 years.

Congrats on the collection!

Mark

Any luck finding that Kepler Bowman Green?

Finally found my Green Sonny and it's on the way.

(06-28-2016, 08:10 PM)wordsense Wrote: Any luck finding that Kepler Bowman Green?

Finally found my Green Sonny and it's on the way.
I've only had one pop up on Ebay so far. I bid 3x BV on it and this guy whose new hobby is sniping me went above and beyond it. I'm pretty sure the same guy did the same thing on the Finest Orange, too.

Grats on the Sonny. Keep an eye peeled for Max for me - either of those I mentioned above.
Kepler

Fun little story that came from this weekend's trip to the Bronx. I'm hoping Reggie looked at the swing and saw something he liked rather than thinking he needed to intervene because the kid looked so rough.

http://m.twins.mlb.com/news/article/1867...ie-jackson
Kepler

Today was a banner day for Max ... 2 HRs and 7 RBI. It was a lot of fun to watch - especially since Sano added a bomb of his own. Hoping to see much, much more of this in the years to come.

Might as well celebrate by showing off the latest additions:

Topps Black and the Topps Black and White Negative
[Image: 20160702_215952_zpsb37pklri.jpg]

And the both of the Flawless /25. This one is going to be my biggest challenge yet, I think. The prices are high, the cards are very nice and a bunch of them are dual sigs with Sano. If you've got any, LMK.
[Image: 20160702_215905_zpsclt7dmtp.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Max Kepler PC - Updated on July 2
We'll call this the "Jared overpays - sometimes by choice, sometimes by poor decisions - to add to his Kepler PC" update.

First up, the Bowman Red /5 ("intentional" overpay)
[Image: 20160712_214111_zpsltxppcvl.jpg]

Flawless Ruby along with Sano /20 (overpaid while trying to spend another person's money)
[Image: 20160716_232105_zpsfl3krobz.jpg]

Stadium Club Black and Bowman Green /99 (FINALLY!!)
[Image: 20160716_232120_001_zpsn5wwlvkl.jpg]
Kepler