`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trade Issue
10-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Trade Issue
I cannot return a trade offer. The page keeps defaulting back to "View Trade". This happened about a month or two ago but began working again after a day or two and I figured it was due to maintenance. Not sure why it's not working now.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

[Image: ZeprockSig3.jpg]

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 10:23 AM
RE: Trade Issue
curious as to what browser you are using

Looking for these Members!!
TOS
Various help topics

[Image: 72team.jpg]
Beckett Member #113 - US Army-TX
10-05-2013, 04:55 PM
(10-05-2013 10:23 AM)floydtown Wrote:  curious as to what browser you are using

Firefox.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

10-05-2013, 05:25 PM
just to check-download chrome and see if all your issues go away

TOS
Various help topics

10-06-2013, 04:27 AM
I have Google Chrome. It is much slower on this site than Firefox for me. I did try it to return this trade but it still reloads the "View Trade" page instead of sending counteroffer.

This, and the no longer receiving trade notifications compounded with having to sign in each time I log onto the site instead of having Beckett remember me is discouraging. I just renewed my OPG for another year and the frustrations are mounting. We were really trying to get this trade finalized this weekend. Has my account been compromised?

10-12-2013, 08:18 AM
THis AM 10:17 trade page will not load cards, had same issue last night..early this morning I could add cards to a trade and then it went back to trade screen.
Not a browser issue..a site issue for usre

[Image: mayscopy.jpg]
10-12-2013, 02:15 PM
(10-12-2013 08:18 AM)bonds20001 Wrote:  THis AM 10:17 trade page will not load cards, had same issue last night..early this morning I could add cards to a trade and then it went back to trade screen.
Not a browser issue..a site issue for usre

This is usually a situation where the request times out. The computer waits for a pre-determined time and then switches back to the previous page.
The causes can be that the server is too busy and can't answer all of the requests or the file you are loading is too large to load quickly, or a combination of the two.
I have found that this happens to me when I compare my Org. (140,000 cards) with someone who has a equal or larger Org.

K

10-13-2013, 04:59 AM
(10-12-2013 02:15 PM)ktcardshop Wrote:  This is usually a situation where the request times out. The computer waits for a pre-determined time and then switches back to the previous page.
The causes can be that the server is too busy and can't answer all of the requests or the file you are loading is too large to load quickly, or a combination of the two.
I have found that this happens to me when I compare my Org. (140,000 cards) with someone who has a equal or larger Org.

K

Maybe..this AM..went to his ORG, selected 2012..he has 1000+ SF GIANTS listed. It spins and then throws me back to trade page..

Guess I'll have to select the page the 2012 cards are on..

This doesn't seem to be right..the cards I need are usually from large collectors..which I can not search..I have 1000+ trades here and this seems to be a new issue
Now I just searched again (add cards) and the listing in ORG came up with 2012
he has 46, so I selected listing of 50 cards..it spins and throws me back to trade page..
so I add cards again and loads to 10 cards showing with 5 pages,,stupid default anyway..
I select the cards with ser #..it spins and throws me back to trade page
'I add cards again it spins and throws me back to home page

This issue is new and the trade pages are goofed up this weekend..it is not my browser, my PC, my house location or my cat..it is the site..

I'll send a message to IT guy....

[Image: mayscopy.jpg]
10-13-2013, 10:35 AM
(10-13-2013 04:59 AM)bonds20001 Wrote:  Maybe..this AM..went to his ORG, selected 2012..he has 1000+ SF GIANTS listed. It spins and then throws me back to trade page..

This doesn't seem to be right..the cards I need are usually from large collectors..which I can not search..I have 1000+ trades here and this seems to be a new issue
he has 46, so I selected listing of 50 cards..it spins and throws me back to trade page..
so I add cards again and loads to 10 cards showing with 5 pages,,stupid default anyway..

This issue is new and the trade pages are goofed up this weekend..it is not my browser, my PC, my house location or my cat..it is the site..

It has a lot to do with how busy the servers are. They don't seem to have enough servers to cope with peak times.

10-13-2013, 04:11 PM
(10-13-2013 04:59 AM)bonds20001 Wrote:  Maybe..this AM..went to his ORG, selected 2012..he has 1000+ SF GIANTS listed. It spins and then throws me back to trade page..

FYI
IT guy hasnt worked at beckett for awhile now

TOS
Various help topics