`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Legit Game-Worn Piece of History More Than 20 Years Old!

A Legit Game-Worn Piece of History More Than 20 Years Old!
Hello everyone, I'm back again with my latest addition to the goaltending museum.

Today's piece is a beautiful rare 1991-92 season Quebec Nordiques away jersey featuring the desired 75th anniversary NHL patch on the right breast. The jersey was worn by goaltender John P. Tanner during his call-up by the Nordiques in the latter half of the 1991-92 season. This jersey was game-worn in 8 games, including John Tanner's final game in the NHL. In total, the jersey was worn against Calgary, Philadelphia, Montreal, Pittsburgh (x2), Hartford, Buffalo, and Toronto and faced a total barrage of 229 shots, stopping a total of 200 shots. The final game in which this was worn was Tanner's last game on March 19, 1992 against the Pittsburgh Penguins where he appeared in relief of Stephane Fiset for a period of 31 minutes. Wearing this jersey, Tanner recorded a 0-4-2 record.

In his NHL career, John Tanner played exclusievely for the Nordiques from 1989/90 to 1991-92, appearing in 21 total NHL games and recording a 2-11-5 record with one shutout, a 3.60 GAA, and a 0.883% save average.

Sure he did not win Stanley Cups or play 500+ games in the league, but to say he isn't to be remembered is ignorant. In the grand scheme of things, every goalie to ever make the big-time is a miracle since so few have appeared in the NHL's history in comparison to regular players.

Now for the pictures!

Front:

[Image: tannerfront_zpsd0e8f8b9.jpg]

Front right sleeve with puck mark:

[Image: tannerfrontright_zpsf669f0ff.jpg]

Front crest with decent wear:

[Image: tannerfrontcrest_zps35032619.jpg]

Front collar with sweat stains, maybe blood, and some good piling:

[Image: tannerfrontcollar_zps794489aa.jpg]

Front left sleeve with excellent puck wear:

[Image: tannerfrontleftsleeve_zps85f50882.jpg]

Back:

[Image: tannerback_zps92622297.jpg]

Back numbers and nameplate with dirt and post-transfer:

[Image: tannerbacknumbers_zpsfe34c4b6.jpg]

Back Fleur-de-lis with red stain:

[Image: tannerbackcrest_zps7fa7970b.jpg]

Back right sleeve with wear and stain:

[Image: tannerbackrightsleeve_zps7b709250.jpg]

Comments are always welcome and appreciated!

RE: A Legit Game-Worn Piece of History More Than 20 Years Old!
Nice looking piece to the collection!!

always loved those uni's
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

Thanks for the comments guys!

Sweet addition. Love the old nordiques jsy! CONGRATS
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

jerseys almost as old as I am! Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Goalies unite! All goalies should be remembered. Big Grin Nice piece.
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

Great addition !!! I'm like the other guys, those Nordiques jersey are one of the best ever made. Congrats!!!
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Thanks for all of the comment everyone! Nordiques jerseys are quite nice, the blue is a little uninspiring and reminds me of my blanket, but otherwise, it is a nice jersey.

(09-26-2013, 08:38 AM)roussy35 Wrote: Goalies unite! All goalies should be remembered. Big Grin Nice piece.
You, sir, possess the correct attitude that I hope to further with the museum. The history of goaltending is not just Brodeur, Roy, Belfour, Sawchuk, Vezina, Plante, Hall, like so many seem to think.

The little guys all paid their dividends and made their way to the show, the toughest position to make the show with. Ray LeBlanc, Dieter Kochan, Gregg Naumenko, Alain Raymond, Tyler Weiman, Don Aiken, Gary Bauman, etc. all deserve their names to be recognized. The smallest twig is still a part of the tree is it not?

(09-26-2013, 05:10 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Thanks for all of the comment everyone! Nordiques jerseys are quite nice, the blue is a little uninspiring and reminds me of my blanket, but otherwise, it is a nice jersey.

You, sir, possess the correct attitude that I hope to further with the museum. The history of goaltending is not just Brodeur, Roy, Belfour, Sawchuk, Vezina, Plante, Hall, like so many seem to think.

The little guys all paid their dividends and made their way to the show, the toughest position to make the show with. Ray LeBlanc, Dieter Kochan, Gregg Naumenko, Alain Raymond, Tyler Weiman, Don Aiken, Gary Bauman, etc. all deserve their names to be recognized. The smallest twig is still a part of the tree is it not?

You are correct. The mere fact that these guys even got 1 second in a game is an honor. I don't know one goalie, including myself, who would not give a kidney, arm...you can name a body part here, to be able to say they had that opportunity.
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants