`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Introduction to my New PC project-UPDTD 10/11

Introduction to my New PC project-UPDTD 10/11
I am not very enamored by the 2013-14 draft class so I wont be buying much wax. I am pretty happy where my player PCs stand currently so I decided to start a PC project to kind of diversify my collection. The new project?

Rewind about 20 years to the 1992-93 draft class. Shaq, Zo, Laettner, etc etc. I went through the draft classes of the last 20 years and picked 4-5 people per draft class. The people who I consider to be the best of each respective draft class.

From there I decided that I wanted to acquire an auto and a RC of each of the five players from their respective draft class. This is made a little easier by Panini's love affair with putting autos of some scrubs from yester year into products.

The autos I am not going to be picky about. I will pick up what I see for a reasonable price. It doesn't have to be a 1/1 or anything like that(as you will see with the pics). THe RCs on the other hand. I have a preferred set from each season.

For example, 1992-93 is UD. 1993-94 and 1994-95 will be finest. 1996-97 through 2009-10 will be Topps Chrome. The most expensive would be the Kobe, which I have, and the Lebron and Durant which I do not have but are certainly available for sale everywhere. In the interim, I will pick up whatever rookies to check the box (I am tracking this in an excel spreadsheet) and then just look to upgrade when the opportunity presents itself.

I will update this thread as new pieces arrive. I will update with all autos but only the preferred rookies or rookies of note. This is where I am as of 9/11/13 (I Just started this on 9/7/13).

[Image: IMG_0002_NEW_zps8ede6936.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0001_zps0951845c.jpg]
[Image: IMG_zps83bd2bac.jpg]

And the Rookies....I don't have many of these...
[Image: IMG_0002_zps48567637.jpg]

Thoughts? Opinions? Have rookies or autos any of the people that I might be looking for??
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: Introduction to my New PC project
Good idea I like it. Man I seriously like that Rondo auto plus a 9.5, awesome pickup there.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

Great idea man. I love the concept, and backing up a few years will re-introduce a whole new view of the hobby. Best of luck to you.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Definitely a cool and reasonably challenging idea. I probably have a bunch of the RCs you might want, maybe a couple of the autos as well. Feel free to check me Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Great idea man, should be a fun way to keep the hobby fresh for you. Good luck with the chase, perhaps we can revisit our trade with some new wants of yours I may have.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(09-11-2013, 09:21 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Great idea man, should be a fun way to keep the hobby fresh for you. Good luck with the chase, perhaps we can revisit our trade with some new wants of yours I may have.
I would love to man!! I know you probably have some of the rookies that I am looking for.
(09-11-2013, 09:09 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Definitely a cool and reasonably challenging idea. I probably have a bunch of the RCs you might want, maybe a couple of the autos as well. Feel free to check me Smile
Actually I could use the T-Mac and Van Horn Finest RCs but I don't have anything that you are looking for at this juncture..and my Paypal balance is just enough to cover my fees for the time being.

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

This is a really great idea! I have done something similar. I have a Graded RC collection and I also recently started an auto collection. Ideally like you I want a RC and Auto of all the greats. Some RC's will be tougher to get (Bird, Magic, Dr J, etc) but I have all of the more recent RCs already and even most of the autos. Keep us updated on this project! Looks great so far!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

nice pc idea, I more than likely have a lot of the rcs you may need.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Awesome idea! What set are you gonna use for the RCs after Chrome?
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

(09-12-2013, 06:43 AM)Megatron2181 Wrote: Awesome idea! What set are you gonna use for the RCs after Chrome?
I haven't thought that out to be honest. I think for 2010-11 I might just do the COntenders Patches auto Rcs. It is the only set that I can think of other than Donruss for that year and I was not huge into DOnruss. Also, I REALLY like that Contenders Patches set. I think the cards look very nice.

For 2012-13 I am using Crusade. I like the basic looks of the cards and I broke three boxes last week and hit Kyrie, Lillard and Davis. I also hit some of the other guys too.