`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! Purchased Tampered 2012 Leaf Memories, what should I do?

HELP! Purchased Tampered 2012 Leaf Memories, what should I do?
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a half case of 2012 Leaf Memories and I noticed that there was glue on one of the boxes. The seals looked untampered so I opened the box. To my surprise instead of 2 auto's there was only one. One auto was replaced with an un-autographed printing plate.

After this unpleasant surprise I looked at the other 5 boxes and I noticed one other with glue along the cellophane rapper. I slowly pulled on it and it was clearly sealed cut. Then I examined the box and it had 2 leaf silver sticker seals on one top of the other and that were clearly re-glued. The auto's were there but they were low end.

The other 3 boxes are clean but I am not opening them yet.

This is the first time I've seen this. Could be a reseal from the factory?? If not, and they were truly tampered with...What recourse do I have? I paid a lot for these boxes and the store I bought them at has a pretty good reputation!

Please help!

Shawn

RE: HELP! Purchased Tampered 2012 Leaf Memories, what should I do?
Can you call Leaf and give them the serial #'s on the boxes - don't know if this will do any good but just posing the question.

Also, you may want to bring it up to your store owner. He could have bought/made a trade with another shop that duped him and not known about it.

I checked the boxes and there is no serial number. That I can find....

The boxes have glue on them.. It would be impossible for the store owner not to know. For the first box I thought it was from the packaging..

I have already send the store owner an email asking for an explanation.

Any other suggestions?

(09-11-2013, 09:00 PM)shaliq Wrote: I checked the boxes and there is no serial number. That I can find....
The boxes have glue on them.. It would be impossible for the store owner not to know. For the first box I thought it was from the packaging..
I have already send the store owner an email asking for an explanation.
Any other suggestions?
The only recourse you have is the store owner. If they were tampered with, it was after leaf sealed the case. It had to happen between leaf and where you purchased the 1/2 case. Was the case sealed when you bought the half? Where did your shop owner purchase it? Not sure what the guarantee hit count is, but that printing plate may have been the second hit instead of two autos. Were the packs of cards inside the box opened/tampered?
I would bring the remaining unopened boxes back to the store and either return them or open them with the store owner as a witness so he can verify the truth and not suspect you of trying to screw him over!
That's about all I have for you. Good luck!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.