`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I sell?

Should I sell?
I used to collect Nick Adenhart but sold off most of my collection because it lost its luster to me but I kept a few cards and my signed baseball. I've been thinking of selling the ball because it should go to someone that would appreciate it. I only started collecting him because of the story around his death. Basically, what I'm asking is...when is it okay to part with a deceased player's autograph?

RE: Should I sell?
I think it's safe to sell it without people thinking you are taking advantage of the market due to his tragic passing, just don't go crazy with the details about how he's passed and the fact that there won't be anymore produced.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Whatever the market will bear.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Anytime... Like someone else said, as long as you're not advertising the death as a selling point... Ultimately these are nothing but cardboard and collectibles. You selling an item to get more money post death is no worse than someone buying an item post-death. When steve McNair passed I threw an auto mini-helmet up on the bay knowing that it was a piece I no longer wanted and would get top $.

Last month I went on a spree of buying autos for some of my favorite athletes over the years, one of whom was Robert "tractor" traylor from Michigan basketball. One eBay auction had "DEAD" in the title. It was news to me that he had passed, and I bought an auto from someone with a more tasteful title
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Why is it wrong to say the person has passed? Seems funny. When Im selling autos if a person has passed I put "Bob Feller Auto d.2010" in the title.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(09-05-2013, 03:05 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Why is it wrong to say the person has passed? Seems funny. When Im selling autos if a person has passed I put "Bob Feller Auto d.2010" in the title.
Something about "DEAD" in all caps sticking out more than the card info etc... made me want to pass on it. If it was d.2010, or even "died 2010" for some reason it looks better to me.

Who knows, maybe there are people who Ebay search "dead auto"... The guy may be on to something.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint