`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Just a heads up - some minor OPG additions/subtractions (9/2013)

Just a heads up - some minor OPG additions/subtractions (9/2013)
After looking through my player checklists yesterday I noticed that some recent and correct additions/subtractions were made to the OPG by the Beckett tech department.There may be others that I have not discovered yet.

Two additions I noticed were the 1996 Destiny Telecom Men of Destiny Phone Cards, base and gold, (Sportscall should perhaps be added to the description but I do not want to nitpick too much) and the 2011 Penn State football card team set, which is the last one printed. The phone card set has 100 cards in it and features many big names, some HOF. The Penn State set is significant because it features a number of current and soon to be NFL roster members, most notably perhaps is QB Matt McGloin who may start for the Raiders sometime this year. It should be noted that Viking LB Michael Mauti is in that set as well but the listing has his name spelled wrong so this card will not appear in the individual player checklist. Both of these listings were previously featured in the OPG missing cards thread.

I also have an OPG elimination that I need to note. Series two of 1993 Wild Card set had listed parallels that I am convinced never existed in the first place, in fact I was going to start a thread on this. Six striped parallels exist for series one though and it is explained below. 60 cards were printed for series two and those six parallels do not exist. Jerome Bettis and Drew Bledsoe are the more notable names featured. If a player you collect is in series two those are six cards cards you no longer have to look for.

[Image: scan0025_zpscbd7fe03.jpg]
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]