`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen & Ginter Rip Cards

Allen & Ginter Rip Cards
While browsing ebay, i found someone that was selling a RIPPED Babe Ruth card number 8/10.

I am just wondering. Who, in his right mind would rip a Babe Ruth card, numbered or not.

What the... did he expect to get in the rip card that would be worth more than a Babe Ruth 8/10 ?

RE: Allen & Ginter Rip Cards
why wouldn't you rip it? whats inside could be a 1/1 sketch card, an autographed mini or a set builder like me needing the ext cards.

they even have redemption mini's for actual game used items that someone here pulled.

I think it's crazy. Selling that could have gotten the guy three cheaper rip cards.
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

Amen to the above
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I know i would have left the Ruth card alone. It would be one of my most treasured card

(08-30-2013, 01:54 PM)wolvie15 Wrote: I know i would have left the Ruth card alone. It would be one of my most treasured card

Its not like its a vintage card or autograph, its a new production ruth card

I could completely understand if it was some card from the 20s and someone ripped into it to find a hidden prize

(08-30-2013, 02:05 PM)rentzington Wrote: Its not like its a vintage card or autograph, its a new production ruth card

I could completely understand if it was some card from the 20s and someone ripped into it to find a hidden prize
Yes it's a new card, but a srially number to 10 card ain't bad at all

(08-30-2013, 02:08 PM)wolvie15 Wrote: Yes it's a new card, but a srially number to 10 card ain't bad at all

Someone was asking on here the other day if the lower number rip cards yielded higher in mini's. I'm actually kind of curious about that

(08-30-2013, 02:22 PM)rentzington Wrote: Someone was asking on here the other day if the lower number rip cards yielded higher in mini's. I'm actually kind of curious about that
Was wondering the same thing... With all of the youtube videos I've seen from this year and the posts, it seems like it is trending towards that. I've only seen the sketch cards and wood 1/1's etc. come from higher-end single rips or double-rips thus far.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(08-30-2013, 02:22 PM)rentzington Wrote: Someone was asking on here the other day if the lower number rip cards yielded higher in mini's. I'm actually kind of curious about that
I can't speak of this years A&G but I ripped a 2012 A&G Mantle 7/10 and it yielded a Braun EXT mini. So no. Lower number does not mean better mini's.