`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Person Autographs / TTM

In Person Autographs / TTM
A guy has asked me to try to move a binder full of IP autographs just glancing have seen 2 Bernie Williams and a John olerud. A lot of guys still in the minors. Any advice on the best way of moving these?
NEED ALL 2012 GYPSY QUEEN BASE

Collecting Michael Oher, Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron, and Chipper Jones.

RE: In Person Autographs / TTM
put em on the bay

That's tough, IP autos aren't easy to move. Best way would be to put them in team lots and put it on Ebay. Unless the guy is desperate for a few bucks, it's really not worth selling unless we're talking tons of stars.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

No I looked through the binder last night and literally the only ones close to stars were the 2 Bernie Williams, a few olerud, a hunter pence, and maybe a couple more. I bought a few pc items from the guy just to help him out for 20$ got an auto'd hunter pence ball, '76 bank Aaron and a '54 clem labine.

Unless the rest of the autos are all Yankees prospects you will have an extremely hard time selling them for more than a few dollars apiece. I have tons of Memphis Redbirds IP autos and only a few of my balls are worth something.
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

(08-21-2013, 01:21 AM)cross4444 Wrote: That's tough, IP autos aren't easy to move. Best way would be to put them in team lots and put it on Ebay. Unless the guy is desperate for a few bucks, it's really not worth selling unless we're talking tons of stars.
Selling them by set works just as well and sometimes better than putting them in team lots because some people are signed set collectors. You also should check for certain players that may have died early or are notoriously tough signers. For example, you will get at least 5 times what you will for John Olerud out of Jeremi Gonzalez and at least 5 times what you will for Bernie Williams out of George Hendrick.

It will take a little research and some experimentation through auction but a combination of tactics will net you the best return on investment. You just have to have the patience to try. A good start would be to take advantage of the free auctions eBay gives you.

Thanks for the advice everyone.