`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think will this go for?

What do you think will this go for?
Hey guys, pulled this from the lone hobby box of A&G I opened, trying to judge its value. (The Jim Rice) The normal non-numbered autos have been selling for 40-50, but I haven't seen another red yet. I'm asking to try and help make the decision if I should sell, hold onto, or look to trade. Thanks!

[Image: IMG_zps8ffb8a84.jpg]

RE: What do you think will this go for?
If the consensus was $300 what would you do: sell, trade or hold?
If the consensus was $100 what would you do: sell, trade or hold?
Personally, I would say hold it, you are in it for less (assuming you bought only 1 hobby box, at the going rate) than you will likely get it for should you ever want to re-purchase. Just keep it, please just keep it
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(08-19-2013, 08:42 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: If the consensus was $300 what would you do: sell, trade or hold?
If the consensus was $100 what would you do: sell, trade or hold?
Personally, I would say hold it, you are in it for less (assuming you bought only 1 hobby box, at the going rate) than you will likely get it for should you ever want to re-purchase. Just keep it, please just keep it
Thanks for the feedback! Also sent you a PM, had a question for you.

Looks like another one of the Red Ink Jim Rice cards sold for just under $100 yesterday.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Allen...232e445641

I would suspect you could get around $100 for the card if you sold now or in the future. Considering the last second bids on that auction, it wouldn't surprise me if you got a little more.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-19-2013, 09:00 PM)djohn Wrote: Looks like another one of the Red Ink Jim Rice cards sold for just under $100 yesterday.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Allen...232e445641

I would suspect you could get around $100 for the card if you sold now or in the future. Considering the last second bids on that auction, it wouldn't surprise me if you got a little more.
Thanks for that link, i somehow missed that when I was searching completed auctions!

As morbid as it sounds might think about hanging on to it until he dies. Some seriously screwed up people throw big money on stuff right after a persons death for some reason.

(08-20-2013, 12:09 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: As morbid as it sounds might think about hanging on to it until he dies. Some seriously screwed up people throw big money on stuff right after a persons death for some reason.
That is true, but they usually go after the lower end autographs. The higher end ones go up a little, but the lower end ones go up a lot. I have always found it crazy how that happens, and then a month or so later the prices have dropped back down. Also, I haven't heard any rumors about Jim Rice dying anytime soon, have you?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

The auto doesn't look as bold as it should. Kinda like the pen he was using started to dry up when he was signing this. Unless it's the picture you took. Anyway that might knock some potential dollars off your sale.

If you think you want to sell, I'd do it ASAP while A&G is still hot
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]