`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your biggest Oops moment

RE: What's your biggest Oops moment
(11-23-2017, 12:30 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I must be the only guy who never owned a 2011 Update Mike Trout card,
Me, too!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Gotta love the guys that didn't get along with the "jocks" in high school so they vent their frustrations by going off on a guy who by all accounts is a genuinely good guy who just happens to be an incredible player.

We get it, you're mad. Get over it.

I didn't hang out with the jocks in HS either because they were jerks. I don't, however, look at everyone that's ever played a sport as one because of my past experiences.
Kepler

(11-27-2017, 10:54 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Gotta love the guys that didn't get along with the "jocks" in high school so they vent their frustrations by going off on a guy who by all accounts is a genuinely good guy who just happens to be an incredible player.

We get it, you're mad. Get over it.

I didn't hang out with the jocks in HS either because they were jerks. I don't, however, look at everyone that's ever played a sport as one because of my past experiences.
Way to read too much into my post. A) I played sports in high school. B) there were a particular set of what unfortunately is the stereotype of jocks that Mike Trout embodies even in his interviews.

Is this thing on?

Early 90's, roughly around 10 yo, I already appreciated that cards should be handled well, boxed, etc. Though I didn't penny sleeve every card as I didn't have money for that. I had this green cardboard "Master Collector" chest full of set-sized boxes. ("Full" isn't too glamorous, as it didn't hold that many iirc.) I went away for a weekend one summer to my grandparents home, as was normal for me at the time. It stormed really badly that weekend.

Monday after school, I returned home to find a waterlogged mass of cardboard. Most of it fell apart in my hands. I had this chest underneath a window in my bedroom because the light made it look cool, but I had left that very window open all weekend. I'd wager 90% of my baseball cards were gone.

Spent the rest of the 90's doing basketball exclusively, but even that wained by 1998/1999ish. I didn't buy cards again until around 2007.