`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A EUREKA moment , I think

A EUREKA moment , I think
I go over to the local Walmart and see the distributor putting out blasters of Topps Platinum.. So I grab one and head to the checkout. I have been buying blasters of Chrome football, baseball for years, Lots of them and only once did I ever pull an auto... And the one thing I always notice on all the blasters here in Northern CA, Is 100% of them always have some kind of mark on the packaging which looks like fingernail marks on the factory wrap.. I have always wondered why and thought "maybe they all have that on them" (wrapping issue or something) this is the first time I have ever been there when someone was stacking the shelves so I went back to the rack and examined all the boxes of platinum he was putting out. NOT ONE had the "fingernail" marks on the box". Which has me thinking that the marks on the wrap are actually put on there by pack searchers so when they see the boxes on the shelves they know which ones they have already "searched" weighed out ect. Low and behold I pulled an auto out of the blaster I picked up and a Yasiel Puig Top prospect. Anyway, for now on I will not buy blasters with that "fingernail" mark on them as I think I have finally figured out how to tell if the blasters have been searched... Opinions are always welcome.

RE: A EUREKA moment , I think
Woah, they have some underground s**t going on here.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Like I say this is only my opinion, but I think there is something to it.... I am curious if anyone in other areas notice the same thing on their blasters? Curious

Interesting. I've never noticed any markings and I tend to have decent luck with blasters and an auto wouldn't weigh more than a base card only thing weighing would do is maybe help someone find relics

Interesting thought, but I've pulled auto's out of blasters with the "fingernail" mark. maybe it just happens during shipping.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(08-09-2013, 04:19 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: Interesting thought, but I've pulled auto's out of blasters with the "fingernail" mark. maybe it just happens during shipping.
I wondered if it happend during shipping as well. But after seeing the boxes today with absolutely no "marks" on them had me really thinking that there is more to it
(08-09-2013, 04:16 PM)rentzington Wrote: Interesting. I've never noticed any markings and I tend to have decent luck with blasters and an auto wouldn't weigh more than a base card only thing weighing would do is maybe help someone find relics

I have never pulled a relic so this would make sense..