`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of this ebay Buyer = active.directory.sales

Beware of this ebay Buyer = active.directory.sales
I am just your normal seller on ebay with no Negative feedback with just 2 neutral feedback for an upset buyer after he got a NPB case against him.

So i placed an item for BIN/BO then i got an offer. Im ok with the offer so i accepted it . A day later i received his first message:

1) Message 1

Hello,

I'm contacting you because I made a mistake when I submitted my best offer. My brother, who also uses this account, already purchased this card without telling me.

I'm not looking to screw you over or anything like that; this is why I'm contacting you. Can you please send me a link to cancel this transaction so you can recover your listing fees and end of item fee. I know how it is to be a seller so that's why I'm contacting you rather then ignoring an unpaid item case which so many buyers do.

Thanks and sorry for the mix up.

- active.directory.sales

My response:

I will push through with the non paying bidder

I am here to do sale. THank you for your time.

THanks

2) Message 2
Dear sweetana08,

Wow, even after I contacted you and explained myself respectfully and honestly?

Be as it may, do what you have to do and I will gladly leave you the appropriate feedback so other buyers will know about my experience with you.

- active.directory.sales

My Response

You are the one not paying the deal and bavking out and still you have the guts to act as if you are correct? All these mails are. Documented and ebay is already alerted about your actions. The entire card community will be known by your actions so good luck

Thanks

- sweetana08

Note : take note of the word bavking which is clearly a typo often happening with mobile texts

3) Message 3

Dear sweetana08,

Ill just buy it and return it since you offer a 14 day return policy, as I'm following the rules in your auction. If you try and screw me you'll be dealing with a chargeback from my credit card company.

Sellers like you make me SICK. No heart and no compassion for anyone but themselves. Please do everyone a favor and leave eBay and stop making it a toxic place.

Please also let the card community know as ill be sure to let them know who you are and your lousy business practices. You will be receiving a nice negative for your horrible customer service and nasty demeanor.

Please learn how to use spell check as I can guess English is not your native language.

Have a good night and I hope you get what's coming to you!!!!!

- active.directory.sales

Note: Wow this person is just a disgrace and a racist without brains.

So im just alerting everyone for this deadbeat buyer . He might be a tool out to manipulate prices of items or just a simply tool .

RE: Beware of this ebay Buyer = active.directory.sales
you know, no offense: but his/her first message and request was perfectly reasonable, and your response was kind of well...not optimum

you lose nothing by cancelling the auction. you get your fees back, you can relist without penalty

To be 100% honest, I think you both could have handled this situation better.

Things do happen and at least he contacted you to explain his situation. Is he lying? (maybe, he only knows). Should he have just followed through with the transaction (personally I would have). But is it really worth a pissing war? Definitely not.

I'd just take the re-imbursement from eBay and relist my item. Maybe block him from buying any of your items in the future.

I kinda agree with Jacoby and jrod, dude.
Although you were perceived as screwed over, the alleged buyer made a valid point .., you DO have a 14 day return policy. Wouldn't you rather have your card in hand, unmolested by a disgruntled buyer, not to mention the US postal service, and relist it? Or you could send it out .., it could get lost, or partially destroyed and then you have to deal with all sorts of red tape, documentation, and wasted time.
Initially you are angry that he backed out of a deal, but if you step away, take a deep breath, reassess the situation, you'll see that you were never really hurt in the deal. He wasted some of your time, that's all.
Actually, in light of all I just said, he may have saved you time .... and a headache. Smile
I'd apologize and tell him you're giving him a mulligan.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sounds like a rough day for buyer and seller! I understand your frustration when someone agrees to buy something only to back out, but if you follow through with the transaction cancellation and just move on, blocking him from any other sales, that should protect you from any "Where's my card/refund?" bull he could try and pull. I also wouldn't take my chances sending a card back and forth between the two of you. Not only does it leave the cards in the hands of the USPS (I have lost a few that way), but if the buyer is a crooked one, it provides more opportunity for him/her to screw you over.

Ebay is a big market and unfortunately not every transaction will be rosy and feel-good!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

I agree with what others are saying. You could have handled this much better by simply cancelling the transaction and moving on. The buyer was polite and explained his situation and simply asked that you cancel the transaction (which means you could relist without any eBay fees). You definitely made it into a bigger headache than it needed to be.
At this point, you have probably pissed off the buyer (which is usually not the best of ideas when it comes to eBay). If the buyer now wants to be vindictive he could easily create a bigger nightmare for you (he could create new accounts and bid up on every auction you list and then never pay). Hopefully that is not the case.
Your best move is to apologize for your frustration and cancel the sale. Just calm down, relax, realize that it was a buyer's mistake, and move on.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

as a seller you should have just cancelled the transaction for them - as a buyer they were MORE than reasonable and polite in their mail to you - all I got from this entire thing was "wow you are a seller I wouldn't want to deal with"

I run two businesses and a majority of which is done through online sells, you do what you need to do to take care of customers, trying to force someone through on something they "didn't mean to buy" even if it was a case of "buyers remorse" and they were making it up. you are out nothing by cancelling the transaction and recollecting your fees other than a minimal amount of time. you walk away with nothing lost, and that person walks away not feeling slighted/pissed off at you. if maintaining integrity as a seller is important to you - you have to take a few minor bumps (and even some bigger ones occasionally) in keeping a good standing with customers/potential customers

I think their reaction ended up getting silly also - but at the end of the day - I don't think their approach or request was bad at all. I can't blame them for reacting poorly towards you with how you responded. it came off as "i'm not concerned with if you made a mistake or not, this is what you did now you have to deal with it" sometimes its just best to step back, be minorly annoyed and shake your head about it to yourself.

edit: sorry didn't mean to "pile on" saying mostly what others had already said here...I replied first before reading the responses.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

No problem ... i have spoken with ebay on this one . All is good and noted. i just dont like deadbeat buyers thats all. Customer service have read the exchanges and they are aware that line has been used over and over again.

THis is clearly feedback extortion to get away with his fault. im just doing my self a favor and to the sellers that share the same sentiment. others might just move on and let it go but thats them

Im all good ... this is the reason why there are tons of deadbeat buyers. coz some sellers just basically ignore and move on without giving them the NPB they deserve.

Most of us set our accounts to disallow 2 NPB strikes.. if sellers just move on without giving them their NPB's then why do you set up those limitations in the first place

but to each its own . if you feel like blocking him then by all means , if you feel this thread is nuissance to some then that is your opinion.

if i helped your welcome if not we all good .

i have talked to ebay and they are on it already . so im good and moving on.

thanks

Something similar happened to me as a buyer I sent my best offer and the seller accepted it. When I was going to pay I had all sorts of problems and had to asj the seller to cancel the transaction because my card was giving me problems and had to ask for a new one which would take a few days, week, weeks? I dont know. So he cancelled the transaction and all was good.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

There is no benefit to a seller to cancel a transaction other than being able to relist the item a few days earlier, so that's why I don't do it. The seller gets exactly the same amount back whether it's cancelled or goes through the unpaid item process, and ultimately I look at going through the process as the only way I can protect my fellow sellers from suffering through the same headache. I can't leave appropriate feedback so I can't warn anyone else unless the behavior is reprimanded in whatever way it can be. I understand that sometimes weird things happen or mistakes get made in bidding but that's also why there are several pages to go through to make the decision to bid or buy.

Whenever this issue arises I explain this to the buyer and make sure they understand that one item strike, or even several for that matter, does nothing to them in eBay's eyes. I've had experiences where buyers failed to pay for more than three items and eBay has told me that a suspension for non-payment is based on overall percentage and not the three strikes they have advertised in the past.

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about a single negative, even if eBay fails to remove it after the evidence you have.