Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This may be my worst break EVER but read to the end and see why I don't care
Sad 
This may be my worst break EVER but read to the end and see why I don't care
I was in a good mood, my kids with me for nine days and my soon to be ex-wife losing her sixth straight case against me so I splurged a bit. Two hobby boxes of A&G and two mini-boxes of Topps Museum. For my money I received:

A&G:
Darwin Barney relic
Johnny Giavotella relic
Carlos Pena framed relic
Madison Bumgarner framed relic
Zack Greinke framed relic
Buster Posey framed relic

Museum Collection:
Base cards
Jose Reyes
Will Clark
Joe Morgan
Joey Votto
Norichika Aoki
Adam Jones
"Hits" (not the word I'd use to describe them):
Paul Molitor 049/424
Cole Hamels 069/424
Neil Walker Momentous Material 43/50
Chris Sale Primary Pieces 45/99

Even if I squeezed every last cent out of those cards I'd still have trouble buying my kids lunch with the clown. Maybe the Hamburgler could help me out.

Oh yeah, and then to top it off, I just found out that a good friend was just diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer (and I wish this was just a joke). It put my life in perspective, that's for sure. He's not super religious and this isn't going to turn into that kind of thread (I will ask for it to be locked if it does) so no acknowledgement is needed but the next time you have a really bad day or a really good one, think of Jon in Kansas. It may not help him but it certainly can't hurt.

RE: This may be my worst break EVER but read to the end and see why I don't care
I don't know, that Hamels would look real nice in my binder? Take a look. Also, "real" life helps keep this hobby in perspective for me. They are just pieces of cardboard with pictures and sometimes auto's/ relics on or in them. (at least that's what I tell myself after bustin a bunch....oh man, but the bustin is sure fun!!!!)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: This may be my worst break EVER but read to the end and see why I don't care
Woah, alright, another Kansan! What town? Newton here.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Perspective is a great thing to have but it doesn;t always come from a happy experience, best wishes for Jon.
Make sure you check out the mini's, you may have missed one or two that are worth more than any of the so-called 'hits' from your A&G break.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]