`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
*sigh* manzel!

*sigh* manzel!
Ok...so first instigram....then tweets...now he may have sold his autograph in bulk...will someone in Texas smack this kid for seemingly doing everything he can to throw a promising career away!

...ok...rant over...thank you!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: *sigh* manzel!
Meh.

Not into Manziel at all.

You're hoping for Russell Wilson but probably looking at Doug Flutie, which isn't terrible, I guess.

Which isn't a very ringing endorsement.

Very, very entitled young man there ... clearly not getting it ... and now this auto thing comes up.

Funny, hasn't he been signing cards for Leaf for over a year now?

Yeah, because THEY are nowhere near shady and would NEVER pay him to sign their cards ... see Leaf's "best of" products for more.

And NONE of the "special investigators" at ESPN have even picked up on the Leaf angle ... I'd look there first!

(08-05-2013, 06:08 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Meh.

Not into Manziel at all.

You're hoping for Russell Wilson but probably looking at Doug Flutie, which isn't terrible, I guess.

Very, very entitled young man there ... clearly not getting it ... and now this auto thing comes up.

Yeah, because THEY are nowhere near shady and would NEVER pay him to sign their cards ... see Leaf's "best of" products for more.

And NONE of the "special investigators" at ESPN have even picked up on the Leaf angle ... I'd look there first!
hmmm, I've seen those, but since they were cut signatures, I just assumed they just bought autos that hounds got IP off of the open market

I read where they were authenticated by Beckett. I just think it is bad business to be involved in the selling of current college players autographs. I would hope they rethink this policy!

(08-05-2013, 06:15 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: I read where they were authenticated by Beckett. I just think it is bad business to be involved in the selling of current college players autographs. I would hope they rethink this policy!
I'm actually bidding on one right now, just for kicks lol they aren't authenticated by beckett, the only authentication on them is from PSA/DNA. However, they are slabbed by Beckett with a label (no grade, just the card info)
(08-05-2013, 06:08 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Meh.

Not into Manziel at all.

Just noticed this, now I KNOW Leaf didn't pay him! lol
[Image: T2eC16VHJG8E9nyfnffNBRPl1PN60_57_zps21317cc2.jpg]

(08-05-2013, 06:20 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I'm actually bidding on one right now, just for kicks lol they aren't authenticated by beckett, the only authentication on them is from PSA/DNA. However, they are slabbed by Beckett with a label (no grade, just the card info)
Apparently both are involved in this scandal.

"In recent times, PSA/DNA has received and certified a number of Johnny Manziel autographs," Orlando said. "While we are not privy to all the details regarding their acquisition, we are confident in and stand behind the authenticity of the autographs."

James Spence Jr., lead authenticator for www.SpenceLOA.com, wrote in an email that "the (James Spence Authentication) staff feels very confident with the authentication of the Manziel autographs that we have taken the time to examine. We do have an adequate file that includes many in-person examples received by our staff members at various events."

Paul Manziel said his lawyers have asked auction sites, including eBay, to remove certain listings for items that were marketed as signed by Johnny. He said he is aggressively trying to protect his son -- and use of the player's nickname, "Johnny Football" -- via JMAN2 Enterprises, LLC, Manziel's corporation.

(08-05-2013, 06:27 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Apparently both are involved in this scandal.

"In recent times, PSA/DNA has received and certified a number of Johnny Manziel autographs," Orlando said. "While we are not privy to all the details regarding their acquisition, we are confident in and stand behind the authenticity of the autographs."

James Spence Jr., lead authenticator for www.SpenceLOA.com, wrote in an email that "the (James Spence Authentication) staff feels very confident with the authentication of the Manziel autographs that we have taken the time to examine. We do have an adequate file that includes many in-person examples received by our staff members at various events."

Paul Manziel said his lawyers have asked auction sites, including eBay, to remove certain listings for items that were marketed as signed by Johnny. He said he is aggressively trying to protect his son -- and use of the player's nickname, "Johnny Football" -- via JMAN2 Enterprises, LLC, Manziel's corporation.
WHY DOES A COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER NEED AN LLC! Dear lord!

Apparently the autos in Leaf are cuts, so maybe he never signed directly for them, but ... who knows.

Or cares.

(08-05-2013, 06:34 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Apparently the autos in Leaf are cuts, so maybe he never signed directly for them, but ... who knows.

Or cares.
we care

(08-05-2013, 06:45 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: we care
Sorry, LOL, I meant that him signing autographs for re-sale has been going on for a while, whether or not he got paid for them ... so this story isn't really anything new.

It seems to me that if some slime ball approached him and said "Hey, yo, sign all of this stuff for me," wouldn't he ask what the guy was going to do with it?

"Oh, OK, sounds great, let's go back to my room and I'll sign all of it for you, free!"

I mean, it's one thing to sign a ball at a game and have someone put it on eBay or what not ... in that situation I guess you'd try to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

But a dude with a sack of stuff that shows up at your hotel?

I HIGHLY doubt it wasn't pre-arranged. He knew what the deal was, and now every other A&M player, fan, coach, etc. is going to have to pay for it if he gets busted.

And what does he care? He's going to go pro either next year or in the supplemental draft, so he's outta there.

I don't know, to each his own, I would never tell anyone else who or what they should collect, I'm just saying I won't be chasing him, that's all. Not really the kind of guy I root for.